cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wvir
Journeyman III

Problems with chipset driver and random crashing of whole system/programs.

Hey guys,

Im here for any answers about problems on my desktop computer. Already using it like a server hosting workstation.
Configuration of my PC:
Ryzen 7 5800x
MSI B550M PRO-VDH
Patriot VIPER Steel 64GB (2x32GB) 3200MHz
Kingston SSD FURY Renegade M.2 - 1000GB

with operation system: Windows Server 2019 Standard

And there are my problems:
I can't install driver for chipset (the others are installed succesfully).

Actually the biggest problems are:
Sometimes my programs (like a game dedicated server) crash and shut down then sometimes the whole computer (OS) crash and then restart itself. For now, I don't know if there is any connection of this problems.

My question is -> Have I anything bad in my configuration or can I use server operation system for this configuration of desktop computer?
Thanks you for your help.
Have a nice day!

0 Likes
4 Replies

I check to see if your Patriot RAM memory was on the QVL list for your MSI Motherboard. There were only two Patriot Entries for the 5000 series processor.

Since you didn't give the part number I found this part number from Amazon: PVS464G320C6K. Is this the correct p/n for your Patriot Viper Steel RAM memory?

Plus Patriot Website doesn't have a Memory finder or something similar to that but found this other website similar to PCPARTPICKER called Pangoly which show which MSI B550M Motherboards your RAM is compatible to: https://pangoly.com/en/compatibility/patriot-viper-steel-64gb-2-x-32gb-ddr4-3200/motherboard

It does show your RAM to be compatible.

Went to PCPARTPICKER website and your Patriot Viper Steel 32GB @ 32000Mhz wasn't listed but the Patroit Viper Steel 32GB @ 3600Mhz was and according to that website it is compatible with your Motherboard.

Not sure if that when have something to do with your crashes or not.

What type of error messages are you getting when you try to install the AMD B550 CHIPSET Package?

Also what type of BSOD or Crash errors are you getting when you the PC crashes or shutdown?

What type of Temperatures is your processor indicating?

0 Likes

Here is the Release Notes for the latest AMD CHIPSET package: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-ryzen-chipset-4-03-03-431

0 Likes

Hey
First of all... Im so sorry for late answer but I had a hard weekend.

So...
Temperature of processor was between 75 - 83°C. This problem is solved, I've got better cooler and paste with higher efficiency.

When I was installing new driver, I have a message there "checking compatibility with hardware" then "HW isn't compatible, you need to update windows". But after the last OS update, windows cannot be loaded.
I'm going to reinstall windows in next days. We'll see if it helps.

Just for my info...
Is it better to use windows server 2019 or 2022? Because I read that the drivers are not compatible yet for windows server 2022.

Thank you for answers
Bye

0 Likes

That question will probably best answered at AMD Forum Server GURU: https://community.amd.com/t5/server-gurus/ct-p/amd-server-gurus

0 Likes