cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Etymidian
Adept I

Problems with 8610G+8670M

Which are the correct drivers for this laptop "HP 15-n268ea", because I have try a lot and till now nothing works as it should!!!

CPU: AMD Quad-Core A10-5745M APU with Radeon HD 8610G Graphics (2.1 GHz, 4 MB cache)
Chipset: AMD A76M FCH
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (2 x 4 GB)
Video Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 8610G/8670M Dual GPU (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)

The only one which was working - can't run Diablo II Resurrected due to "Out of Date". When I Uninstall the drivers, and Windows 10 find some automatic, the game RUN, but the Dual Graphics NOT.

I try:
1- radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-21.5.2-win10-64bit-legacyasics-june21-legacy

2- non-whql-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-21.5.1-win10-64bit-may6

3 -non-whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-16.2.1-sep20

4 - amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bitradeon-software-adrenalin-2020-21.8.1-minimalsetup-210812_web

5 - amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit

I'm really tired and disappointed!

11 Replies

The correct drivers for your laptop are the numbers 3 & 5.

5- WHQL 2015

3-BETA 2016

Unfortunately you are forced to use those two last AMD updates for your APU Integrated Graphics which means you can't used a later version since it won't be compatible with your APU Integrated Graphics.

Even though the 8670M has recently been made Legacy by AMD and the last driver is from 06/21/2021, this driver won't be compatible with the APU Integrated Graphics.

Your Laptop has a APU that was made Legacy in 2016 while the discrete GPU was made legacy in 2021. But you must install the APU Driver which installs both Integrated and Discrete drivers for your laptop.

It is always best to use HP Support Laptop AMD Drivers which are 100% compatible with your laptop unless they are older than 2015.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that in the past some Users have been able to install newer drivers on a legacy APU with a still supported laptop discrete GPU card installed. But there were several steps needed to do to get it to work correctly.

NOTE: Website mentioned the above script was an invalid HMTL when I edited my previous post and was unable to remove the error.

0 Likes

So everything start with full Format of my hard disk (was working with Win7 64bit) and installing Windows 10 64 bit, as minimum req for Diablo II Resurrected. Since the installing of Win10 I try with about 20 different drivers already and still can't work at all. Not just the Diablo, as I said at all. Is that means that laptop is not compatible with win10?

Any ideas what to try or do now? Not for the Diablo, i just want to make the drivers work, even if they are old version.

With most of the drivers in the device manager I got error 43 for HD8600 (which is the not right recognized HD8670). Also there hd8610 has no errors.

I cant connect with HP support, because there is no warranity anymore (its 7 years old laptop, but was running the games fine, untill installing of win10). I can't throw it away just because lack of drivers

0 Likes

Here is  HP Support download page for your laptop: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-notebook-pc-series/6529948/model/683...

Screenshot 2021-08-19 104255.png

If the above laptop is the same Laptop model you have it is compatible with Windows 10 since it has drivers for that OS.

I have tryed all of them first... Believe or not from the HP website back in time I use to have problems with WiFi drivers for win7. 

Even yestarday I do another windows 10 fresh copy, and the first driver which I try was that one from HP website.

0 Likes

I partly fix it... After a lot of digging in google for info, reinstalling windows 10 about 5 times, drivers about 50 times i find that the main problem comes after some windows update in the past. I'm sorry that i can't find again where i read this, but it works. Looks like the windows 10 have to be older than this version/build: 1703 - 15063 .

To try that I go into illegal torrent tracker, download illegal Windows which is older version/build than 1703 - 15063 and voala, now it WORKS perfect with all the drivers from the HP website, also with amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit.exe 

Now the question is, how long i can use that illegal windows, and how to keep the updates off, but will not bother you with that.

Best wishes

I am surprised you needed to downgrade Windows 10 to a version not supported by Microsoft to make the AMD Drivers to work.

Those old AMD drivers should work in the latest Windows version.

@kingfish  is very knowledgeable about laptops maybe he has some suggestions.

From what I know is Microsoft will force you to upgrade to the latest Windows version via Windows Update.

0 Likes

I'll try to find which KB is the problem one, I just remember that the guy was reporting about this into the microsoft support, but look like they didn't fix it.

In google has many people who complain about that malfunction between windows 10 and hd8000m series software.

Anyway, for me for the moment its OK.

Thank you.

I have same issue with n268sa laptop, i installed win 10 last week and installed the AMD 16.2.1 crimson intaller and the drivers that came with that worked fine, however windows done an update about 4 days later and now no drivers will work from anywhere. i've tried everything. did you ever find a solution to this problem?

0 Likes

I'm now with same as you driver and works fine for me (non-whql-64bit-nieg-radeon-crimson-16.2.1-win10-win8.1-win7-feb27), but cant play many of the new games, due to "out of date" driver Thats a big Shame, to have good video card, covering the requirements for the games, but no new drivers. I'm VERY disappointed from AMD and HP!
Yesterday I have failed to run Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel, which is with FUNNY requirements!!!

Yu-Gi-Oh Mater Duel
MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-7300U
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 16 GB available space
Sound Card: On Board
Additional Notes: 1280 x 720 monitor resolution

Looks like Intel HD Graphics is better than mine HAHA ! ! ! SHAME!!! I CAN'T EVEN START THE GAME!!!

With 21.5.2 the game starts, but uses only 8610G graphics and is lagging a lot. SHAME again! At least AMD programmers to build one driver which disables the integrated graphics card, so we can run at least the more powerful one!!! SHAME!

I will remember this, when I build my new Desktop soon! And never again will buy laptop with AMD components. I bought it 2014 (brand new), and the last working driver is from 2015... ONE  year support!!! SHAME ! ! !

SHAME!

0 Likes
VVarun
Journeyman III

I had the same issue and was testing with older drivers found some of the latest 18 Versions to work fine.
You can try this as well.
Let me know if it works for you as well.

Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-18.12.3-Dec19

0 Likes