cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

stingerv
Adept I

Problem with drivers

Problem with new drivers Adrenalin 24.3.1 (WHQL Recommended) and Adrenalin 24.2.1 (WHQL Recommended), on Adrenalin 24.1.1 (WHQL Recommended) driver everything is fine, newer ones cause a problem in browsers and games, overexposure, the glow is very bright on the screen, the problem is not is being solved, either AMD will fix the problem in the driver, or this will be a new unsolvable problem of using an AMD video card.
my configuration: 7900xtx, Windows 11 23H2, 5800x3D

0 Likes
1 Solution
stingerv
Adept I

After several attempts, DDU helped, perhaps uninstalling the DDU drivers not in safe mode, but in normal mode with a reboot and the Internet turned off until uninstallation and until the latest drivers were completely installed, helped.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Have you reported the problem yet? You should absolutely do that. Sometimes drivers work properly on one system but cause problems on another. I would report the issue using the bugreport tool and wait, and/or contact AMD for assistance. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Have you used DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility to try to remove any and all old driver files?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

This^

Also, have a look in your BIOS at voltages, specifically vSOC, VDDP, CCD, & IOD. I was having a lot of weird problems with my new all AMD build, all of which ended up being related to my stupid BIOS setting less than adequate voltages when set to AUTO. It was actually setting vSOC below VDDP and IOD, a big no no as vSOC is to be at least 0.45 above these two, minimum. After tuning these voltages manually I no longer have any issues which included extended post times, not posting at all, random restarts at idle or at load, driver crashes. I only wish that I discovered the "Zen Timings" program sooner...

0 Likes

I saw that I am not the only one who has this problem with these driver versions. I remember when I was on the 6900xtx, after a few drivers they solved certain problems.
There is probably some problem in the drivers, I will wait for a solution to the problem in future drivers, nothing helps, tearing down Windows to understand that this will not help is not reasonable.
I understand that many problems are usually on the user's side, but I've been using the sapphire 7900 xtx nitro+ for over a year now and I'm happy, I'm sure the problem is in the drivers.
ZLUDA has helped eliminate the use of Linux for stable distribution.
I thought it was something software and uninstalled everything, but nothing helped, so I went back to Adrenaline 24.1.1 (WHQL Recommended).
Hopefully this month's new games will run smoothly due to the inability to use the latest drivers.
I tried to uninstall in different ways, it didn’t help, the problem was in the last two versions of the drivers, I installed and uninstalled several times to check if the same problem would persist after several reinstallations from the old version to the new and back, but the problem always repeated only on the last two versions Adrenalin 24.3.1 (WHQL recommended) and Adrenalin 24.2.1 (WHQL recommended).
To submit a bug report, do I need to install the problematic driver or can I submit a bug report from the stable version of the driver?

0 Likes

Please help. The latest two AMD software updates have severely affected my Windows experience. Not just for gaming, but the operating system itself isn't functioning well with these drivers. Attaching a video and log.

Computer:      GIGABYTE Z590I VISION D
CPU:           Intel Core i7-11700KF (Rocket Lake-S, B0)
               3600 MHz (36.00x100.0) @ 2045 MHz (20.00x102.3)
Motherboard:   GIGABYTE Z590I VISION D
BIOS:          F9, 06/07/2023
Chipset:       Intel Z590 (Rocket Lake PCH-H)
Memory:        32768 MBytes @ 1500 MHz, 15-17-17-36
               - 16384 MB PC25600 DDR4 SDRAM - Kingston KF3200C16D4/16GX
               - 16384 MB PC25600 DDR4 SDRAM - Kingston KF3200C16D4/16GX
Graphics:      XFX RX 7600
               AMD Radeon RX 7600, 8192 MB GDDR6 SDRAM
Drive:         Samsung SSD 990 PRO 1TB, 976.8 GB, NVMe
Drive:         Samsung SSD 980 PRO 250GB, 244.2 GB, NVMe
Sound:         Intel Tiger Lake PCH-H - cAVS (Audio, Voice, Speech) [B1]
Sound:         ATI/AMD Navi3x - High Definition Audio Controller
Network:       Intel Ethernet Controller I225-V
Network:       Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz
OS:            Microsoft Windows 11 Professional (x64) Build 22631.3296 (23H2)

0 Likes
stingerv
Adept I

After several attempts, DDU helped, perhaps uninstalling the DDU drivers not in safe mode, but in normal mode with a reboot and the Internet turned off until uninstallation and until the latest drivers were completely installed, helped.

0 Likes