Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ntudor
Journeyman III

Problem with AMD chipset driver update

Hello guys,

I have a problem, last night I've installed the amd chipset driver to benefit the power balance mode but after the installation, windows won't boot, the system goes automatically to bios and gets stuck there. I'm not able to see 

my ssd anymore.

Specs:

Seasonic PRIME ULTRA, 80+ Gold, 550 W
ASRock B450 PRO4
SSD ADATA XPG Gammix S5 256GB PCI Express x4 M.2 2280
SSD Samsung 860 QVO 1TB SATA-III 2.5 inch
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz box

MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER GAMING X 8GB GDDR6 256-bit

Is there anything I could do to get my system running again? Thank you very much!

0 Likes
2 Replies

If you have Windows installed, restart your computer 3 times before reaching Windows and it should automatically go into Troubleshooting Menu.

If it doesn't go past BIOS, then use a USB or DVD Windows Installation file to to boot into Windows Installation and get into Windows Troubleshooting Menu. Use BIOS to boot into your USB or DVD as first option.

First try Windows Startup Repair and see if that fixes the problem.

If not try to restore an earlier Restore point from before you installed the Chipset or if you have a System Backup restore the System Backup (best option in my opinion).

You can also, using the Windows Installation go to Windows with Command Prompt and try uninstalling the CHIPSET or installing a previous CHIPSET to see if it works.

0 Likes

Once you get into Windows again see if you have the latest BIOS and CHIPSET installed from ASRock Support for your Motherboard's Download page: ASRock > B450 Pro4 

Before updating your BIOS you FIRST MUST UPDATE THE CHIPSET or you will have problems booting into Windows:ASRock > B450 Pro4 

You can click on the BLUE LINK to download the software. It mentions that if you upgraded the BIOS BEFORE upgrading the CHIPSET to click on the "DISPLAY RECOVERY SOP".