cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Bara1995
Journeyman III

Problem after installing gpu drivers

So I got interesting history of this problem ever since I bought used graphics card Asus AMD Radeon RX 580 4 GB.

Last year I decided to upgrade my PC and bought second hand graphics card. At the very beggining it refused to work with latest Windows 7 drivers so had to use 21.5.2 version. I had issues that screen would get stuck on strange pattern and emit constant sound followed by PC getting really hot. When I finally capped my FPS in Radeon Software, after a week, I started getting "no signal detected on my screen". After few Safe Mode corrupted Windows file replacements we realized PC works fine in Safe Mode but not in normal. So I uninstalled gpu drivers and it's been running fine on default Windows 7 drivers. No such error. I tried reinstalling it, cleaning it with utility in safe mode, and every time it's same story. Cable I use is blue with minus on side (not HDMI) as my BENQ monitor doesn't have such cable hole. 

Now, interesting plot twist is that lately, like since last weekend, I can't even install drivers as I get error 1603.

As you can tell from all of the above, I'm not good with tech stuff but few friends already tried to help me. Now I should have latest Windows 7 updates installed. 

0 Likes
14 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

If you bought it second hand, it may have been used for mining and had the life taken out of the card.

You would need to ask the person you bought it from, that's if they will admit to it being a card used for mining.

List your PC components including PSU..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

He said it was used for gaming and not mining. 

Components are:

unknown.png

0 Likes

When did you make this screenshot? Your date is set to June something. If it's an old screenshot then ignore this. Sometimes the time being off too much can affect things.

[ 5800X3D | Aorus 6950XT | MSI B550 | H115i Pro | G.SKILL 32GB 3600Mhz | 850W Gold | Samsung Odyssey G7 240Hz | HP Reverb G2 (v2) ]
0 Likes

When did you make this screenshot? Your date is set to June something. If it's an old screenshot then ignore this. Sometimes the time being off too much can affect things.

[ 5800X3D | Aorus 6950XT | MSI B550 | H115i Pro | G.SKILL 32GB 3600Mhz | 850W Gold | Samsung Odyssey G7 240Hz | HP Reverb G2 (v2) ]
0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

The PSU is a budget cheap unit.

I myself would definitely not use one of those, always get the best PSU you can afford. Corsair, Seasonic etc..

Also have a read of the link below..

Error 1603 – Radeon™ Software Installation Encountered an Error | AMD

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

In Serbia you don't really have too many options of tech stuff brands. I invested one sallary into graphics card, next into CPU so had to wait for third one to buy PSU.

I updated Windows and uninstalled antivirus and still driver refused to install. 

Will try 4th and 5th one as soon as I can then.

0 Likes
nechana
Adept II

Use DDU (DisplayDriverUninstaller) in safe mode and then try last WHQL drivers from AMD site. I would consider fresh install of win 10 if its possible.

0 Likes

I used AMD clean utility but will try DDU instead. Could you please give me link to those?

I am not willing to change to Windows 10, I have hard time adjusting and am going through difficult times. Would rather keep PC in this state than deal with stress of different look, locations and way Win 10 works. 

0 Likes

So I used DDU and decided to try to fix all corrupted files that my Windows scan found first and got kinda busy with something else so haven't done that yet. Downloaded those drivers and will try them once I am sure I am no longer missing any windows files

0 Likes
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

"Cable I use is blue with minus on side (not HDMI)"

This cable is called DVI-D. 
Also are you sure it is ACTUALLY RX580 and some fakeout with fake BIOS flashed on top? 

GPU isn't a well known cause for Windows system file corruption though. RAM on other hand, is, though. So there may be something wonky going on in background.  

What sound you got with this "strange pattern" on screen. And how this pattern actually looked like? 

For 1603 error though...
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb1603
Also can be caused if .msi installer (few are included in AMD package) tries to install something you already have and previous version cannot be uninstalled automatically, as i understood.

0 Likes

Screenshot_20220928-061533_Gallery.jpg

 it came in golden box with name in it so I would say it indeed is, but here's the box photo if you suspect it. 

20220928_062201.jpg

Screenshot_20220928-062100_Gallery.jpg

Sound was like it got stuck at that moment like d-uh-uh-uh... 

Nice, I will look into the .msi installer thing.

0 Likes
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

"Sound was like it got stuck at that moment like d-uh-uh-uh... "

Hmm... Looks like no-TV signal noise, but sounds more like RAM/VRAM/bus data corruption? With older driver, had you ended up with GPU actually outputting signal in the end? Safe mode in interesting thing... it locks things down to their base clocks (except RAM), so there is less risks for instability. But if it is GPU that corrupts data just on desktop, it is also strange as it just shouldn't boost that high without load. Hmmm. . .

0 Likes

I had that screen and sound when I was playing games without capping FPS. So it's possible it was result of too much pressure onto graphic card. Do you think that, as a result of those, I ended up with no signal detected issue?

0 Likes
Bara1995
Journeyman III

I wanted to add results of my system scan but it wouldn't upload any text file here... 

0 Likes