cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

khanbehram66
Adept I

OverHeating R5 M330

Hey! This has been causing issues since forever!

When playing games the laptop  temperature went to 100+ and shutdown and then upon searching the problem, a solution came to set AMD POWER GRAPHICS SETTINGS to Maximize Battery Life, but the FPS Dropped significantly but the it doesn't force shutdown now but the FPS is very crippling and the games are almost unplayable. If I change the settings back to Max Performance the Laptop shutdowns. 

Even in low spec games Old Games like AGE OF MYTHOLOGY if on Max Performance the temperature goes to 100+ and shutdowns but on Battery MODE its very laggy.

Any way to fix it ? or any way to optimize the performance ? 

SPECS:

AMD R5 M330 

Core i5 (6 Generation)

8 GB RAM

image.pngimage.png

0 Likes
2 Replies

I have the same issue with my Intel laptop. The way to fix it is to use the high power mode (not balanced) and change the Processor Power Management /Maximum Processor State to 99%. This all has to do with Intel's Turbo feature.

I see no difference in FPS but the graphics and processor temperatures are greatly reduced.

Screenshot_3.pngScreenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

Have you taken the laptop apart and cleaned any dust from inside?

Has it done this since new?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes