cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

OCULUS QUEST 2 - AMD DRIVERS - NOT CONNECTING

Once again, AMD drivers made me waste LITERALY whole day fixing something that is unfixable. I was trying to connect Quest 2 with multiple cables, official, unofficial, usb c straight to gpu, all motherboard ports, resetting everything that is possible. The same thing goes with Air Link, googles detect computer, but won't connect. 

What I found out after hours of online investigation is... ADRENALIN DRIVERS ! It is known that there are just couple of drivers version that work with oculus because AMD is destroying everything that they try to "optymise' and fix it months or years later. 

Fist of all - connecting quest to pc causes oculus app to infinite restart after plugging it into port. I have noticed it is correctly recognized, creates few instances on computer such as drivers in device manager.

Second trying to connect it with Air link causes app to restart and disable that option - quest 2 detects pc, but just after pressing pair button computer disappears. 

I had to pay for Virtual Desktop Aplication to make it work and it does it flawlessly, just as official oculus app should 

There are multiple videos explaining that there is nothing wrong with computer... but with AMD drivers and GPU.

(1) Oculus Link Not Working With AMD GPU, Can It Be Fixed? - YouTube

(1) Oculus Link Working With AMD GPU | How To - YouTube

Pc specs - X570 ROG, Ryzen 5 5600x, RX6800, !6GB 3200. 

And yes, it works normally on my 7 years old laptop, so it's not googles problem 

1 Solution

Exact same issue for me. The oculus app kept closing and reloading. I ended up with multiple oculus.exe instances running at once.

Rolling back to the previous driver version fixed it for me.

I'm using an RX 6700 XT and a R5 3600. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
tayguerr
Journeyman III

Same issue! Neither wired nor air link work - instead it results in a crash and software reboot loop.

I have an RX 5700 reference and 3600x CPU. 

Will going back to an old driver fix this?

0 Likes

Exact same issue for me. The oculus app kept closing and reloading. I ended up with multiple oculus.exe instances running at once.

Rolling back to the previous driver version fixed it for me.

I'm using an RX 6700 XT and a R5 3600. 

AMD - can you please fix this.

I've got two Vega 64s (in secondary systems) and a 6900XT (in my primary gaming/VR system) and this constant oculus link breakage and bugs with recent driver updates is unacceptable for top tier video cards advertised as VR premium.  I've got the packing boxes right here, all 3 cards list "VR premium" on the box.

TEST WITH OCULUS AND OTHER VR HEADSETS.  If a driver breaks oculus link on your top end cards, it is not release ready!

Constantly rolling back drivers literally every few driver updates because VR support is broken on your top tier hardware yet again is not a solution.

this isn't a new problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1P1ZlnQrNM

(not my video, but from the second-last radeon vs. link calamity in the last 6-7 months)

PC VR software is enough of a house of cards already without the drivers getting in the way.

Can I confirm is this the graphics driver you rolled back or the BIOS?

0 Likes

Yes, just the Graphics driver as that was the issue. A later driver fixed the issue. 

0 Likes

Hello,

I have a 6800, and have been facing the same problem. What driver did you rollback to? Thanks.

0 Likes

I believe the correct driver is version 20.10.1

Hope that helps someone.

0 Likes

Hi i have the same issue. The pilot work with a R9 200 series?

0 Likes