cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

brownerwho
Journeyman III

None of my video editing software opens with Rx 6700 xt

I had a R7 5700x and gtx 1070. Running windows 10. And everything was fine. I just upgraded to an RX 6700 xt and none of my 3 video editing software's open.

I get the initial loading screen for the programs, but then the tab disappears. And nothing. It's not running in the background. No error pop up.
I've tried DDU, different monitors, reinstalling drivers, and the video editors. For some reasons it seems to just not open once it's done loading. 

The 3 softwares are:
Davinci resolve
Hitfilm Pro
Adobe premier elements

I did just find an old disk of Sony movie studio 13 and it works at least.

The other issue I have with the card is that display ports are capping at 75hz on my 144hz monitors. If I go above 75, the screens start to flicker black.  I have a higher end DP cable on the way to see if that's the issue. Using HDMI 2.1 on one of the monitors right now for 144hz. But I don't want to reinstall windows and have these not be fixed. I'd rather just go back to Nvidia with my 1070 or a get a 3060 than set up my pc from scratch. 

The performance in gaming is great, like 3 times better than the 1070. Everything high and solid 144fps. So I would like to keep the card. 

Hope someone has come across this issue, or it gets fixed with a driver,
Thanks. 

0 Likes
0 Replies