cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

svitman
Journeyman III

No drivers for 560x on AMD's website - fixed

Title , bought new laptop, updated windows, then went to AMD website and couldnt find driver download for 560X GPU

Edit, with the new 19.2.3 drivers, you can install them and they work, thx AMD

0 Likes
7 Replies

Go to the manufacturers website and download the correct driver for your laptop. If you have further questions, supply > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Laptop graphics update...How to

0 Likes

And there is the problem, its on 17.7 (acer nitro 5) so i cant get the new adrenalin edition, thats why i tried to download it from AMD directly

0 Likes

Until you furnish the required information...can't be much help.

I suspect you have a APU...maybe Ryzen.

0 Likes

And you should realize that most of the Adrenalin features do not apply to laptop/Mobility graphics.

0 Likes

Laptops are proprietary hardware hence you need (manufacturer) modified drivers hence you're unlikely finding recent drivers at all - manufacturer usually give you one set of drivers and that's it.

0 Likes

A friend of mine has a similar problem:

She bought a new gaming laptop, more or less on a budget, it is an Acer Nitro 5, which not only features a Ryzen 2500U with integrated Vega 8 graphics, but also a dedicated Radeon 560X GPU with four gigs of RAM. The drivers provided by Acer aren't *that* terribly old on the first look, being released back in October, but they are still 17.x.x drivers actually.

I guess you'll have to wait until either Acer finally releases much newer drivers, or, I think AMD announced prior to CES they'll rework their mobile GPU drivers and integrate them into a regular suite sometime this quarter, which hopefully helps with the driver situation.

There are no drivers for this graphics chip on the AMD site. Graphics drivers must come from the laptop manufacturer.

0 Likes