cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Quetzall
Adept II

New StoreMi drivers cause bsods on windows 11

I was very happy when I saw the new drivers for StoreMi and quickly turned into disappointment. After installing them on my windows 11 got non stop bsods, only when I managed to uninstall the drivers, the bsods stoped. Reverted back to windows 10 and the only bsod I got was on the restart. The rest has been stable so far under windows 10.

Is someone experiencing the same as me under windows 11?

0 Likes
11 Replies
Quetzall
Adept II

Re: New StoreMi drivers cause bsods on windows 11

Forget what I said.

These drivers are also unstable on Windows 10.

These drivers are useless.

0 Likes
AMDee
Staff
Staff

Can you please provide your full system details and DXdiag info ?
Dxdiag : [https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-and-run-dxdiag-exe-dad7792c-2ad5-f6cd-5a37-bf92228d...]

It will be helpful to debug further on this issue ..

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Quetzall
Adept II

Who do I send the details to? This dialogue box is limited to 35.000 characters.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
AMDee
Staff
Staff

Copy the logs in to "dropbox" and share the link of it.
Will access/ download the logs from dropbox..

Thank you !

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Quetzall
Adept II

0 Likes
AMDee
Staff
Staff

Thank you for the quick reply !!
Will look in to it. Try to get back to you ASAP..

0 Likes
Quetzall
Adept II

Thank you.

0 Likes
mediks
Adept I

Installed the new StoreMI  and  it installed perfectly and I was able to create storemi storage. After a few minutes, pc crashed, BSOD with kernel heap corruption, restart the pc then bam! BSOD again, now its bad pool caller error. Restart pc again, then another BSOD, now its  irql_not_less_or_equal. Tried in Safe Mode to unistall StoreMI, but before I got to unistall it another BSOD, same error, kernel heap corruption. Tried Safe Mode again to use system restore, in the middle of systerm restore, its another BSOD, again its bad pool caller error. No other way to fix as I have tried also to reset the PC without success as it always crashed in the middle of restoring and resetting. New StoreMi version gives me more headache. Last resort was to reinstall Windows.

5950x stepping B2 on MSI X570 ace. Cache drive 250gb samsung evo ssd

Tags (1)
Quetzall
Adept II

I submitted my sysinfo on Monday. No answer yet. It seems like the problem is much worse than I thought.

Right now I'm on a trial version of Primocache and I love it. Still waiting for AMD to roll proper drivers, if they take too long, I'll just buy the full version and forget about StoreMi.

StoreMi shouldn't be so buggy. Comparing to Primocache, StoreMi is hardware bound.

Not Good Enough!

Welcome to the boat. 

0 Likes