cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Matt_Vaught
Journeyman III

Need a 5600x driver download zip file but there is only exe

So I recently rebuilt a computer while keeping the same Hard Drives, CPU and GPU, while booting up either the SSD or the OS got corrupt and I haven't been able to install windows. I made a bootable drive USB from a Mac (I have no other windows PC in the house) and it gets to the install of windows then says it can't proceed because it's missing a driver. Everything I've seen online I need the CPU driver but it needs to be the zip download and I need to unzip it to the USB for it to work. Only problem is when I download anything it's an exe file and the windows install can't do anything with it. Is there a link where I can download the 5600x processor driver zip file or am I sol and need to find someone with a windows pc to remake the bootable USB? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

There are no drivers for a regular CPU unless it is a APU processor with Integrated Graphics.  Windows installs special native CPU driver that can't be updated manually. Only when you do a Windows upgrade will those drivers be updated.

In case you are wondering the 5600x is not a processor with Integrated Graphics so no drivers are needed.

I don't believe you can use an Apple PC to do a Windows USB Flash drive. Apple is going to make the Flash drive compatible with an Apple PC and not a Windows PC.

UNLESS you Apple PC has Windows Boot Camp installed. Then you can do it.

NOTE: If your PC has Windows 10/11 installed and it can POST or boot up past BIOS then you can restart your PC three times once it start loading Windows. By the fourth restart it should automatically enter Windows Diagnostic and from there you can enter Windows Troubleshooting Menu to Repair Windows Startup, Reset Windows, Restore a Restore Point or System Backup or enter Command Prompt.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

There are no drivers for a regular CPU unless it is a APU processor with Integrated Graphics.  Windows installs special native CPU driver that can't be updated manually. Only when you do a Windows upgrade will those drivers be updated.

In case you are wondering the 5600x is not a processor with Integrated Graphics so no drivers are needed.

I don't believe you can use an Apple PC to do a Windows USB Flash drive. Apple is going to make the Flash drive compatible with an Apple PC and not a Windows PC.

UNLESS you Apple PC has Windows Boot Camp installed. Then you can do it.

NOTE: If your PC has Windows 10/11 installed and it can POST or boot up past BIOS then you can restart your PC three times once it start loading Windows. By the fourth restart it should automatically enter Windows Diagnostic and from there you can enter Windows Troubleshooting Menu to Repair Windows Startup, Reset Windows, Restore a Restore Point or System Backup or enter Command Prompt.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply, yeah I've tried doing the repair and system back up it just fails right off the bat and I can't do much. I'll just wait until my buddy makes me one tonight and try again, he suggested I try and get the zip file for the processor before hand. I'll definitely make sure I keep a usb boot for future problems to avoid this situation.

0 Likes

Once in the past when I tried to restore a System Backup and it also failed what I did as a work around was do a Clean Windows installation with the same Windows version as my System Backup. Then I entered Windows Troubleshooting Menu to restore the System Backup which was successfully done.

If you you run a Windows Installation Flash Drive and that fails you probably will need to enter Windows Troubleshooting Menu and restart with Command Prompt.

While in Command Prompt you will need to use DISKPART to delete all Partitions in your Windows drive. Once you do that you can try an run Windows Installation again. Just click on the Drive with no partitions on it.

Here is how to use DISKPART by Microsoft. You only need to use about 3-5 commands: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/diskpart

0 Likes