cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Xapaxupu
Adept I

My laptop doesn't use Discrete Card

My laptop doesn't accept my card in any way i try to use it. Shortly: Laptop has AMD Radeon R5 Graphics + AMD Radeon R7 M340, but Always uses R5. I've already tried all the ways i found in internet: Re-installed every driver for like 10 times, rebooted system completely - but nothing helps. Windows 10 Graphic setting doesn't work too: No matter what profile i choose - it still uses R5. Trying do disable R5 card leads Radeon to stop opening at all, and re-installing it causes to turn on R5 again.
Did i miss something? Will answer every question you ask (kinda hard to write everything on a not native language)

UPD: Turning off R5 makes R7 M340 work, but its performance is absolutely terrible, it has 10-15 fps in simplest games (Tested on BTD6's menu)

0 Likes
8 Replies

What APU?

Look in device manager...Display.....any yellow error marks?

No Errors: works perfectly (but with bad performance). Turning off R5 makes display less brighter, but it works (no yellow errors)

0 Likes

What APU do you have? (that's the processor)

0 Likes

Check your settings.  My laptop defaults to the embedded radeon gpu on battery and the discrete rtx 3060 when plugged in.

0 Likes

For now my laptop is always plugged, and has "Max performance" profile. And even changing it doesn't do anything (it shows, which card PC will use, and it is only R5 both ways)

0 Likes

I have "AMD A10-9620P Radeon R5" one

0 Likes

To use the high power graphics the computer power plan must be set to performance....not the default 'balanced';

Laptop must be plugged in...not running on battery.

Screenshot_1.png

And the high performance graphics assigned to the game or app in Windows:

Screenshot_6.png

0 Likes

First one is always on a high performance and plugged. But with second one - the GPU doesn't change, no matter what profile i choose 

Xapaxupu_0-1629056172274.png

1 - Allow Windows to choose;
2 - Energy sawing;
3 - High performance

UPD: Did it with SC2, still has very bad performance (2 fps sometimes with the lowest graphics)

0 Likes