cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tchungero
Adept I

My laptop begin freeze 1 sec and normal, it repeat it. What happen after i upgarde GPU driver

My laptop is old now, which is Dell-inspiron 15 3000seies. AMD a6-6130(RAM-4gb,GPU-AMD Radeon tm R4-4gb). And my problem is after i install amd software, my lap begin lag 1 sec and not lag, it repeat, cycle 1s. I need some help please.

• AMD Graphics Card
    • AMD Radeon tm R4-4gb
  • Operating System
    • #Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.3 Optional
  • Display Devices
    • Make and model, connection/adapter in use, resolution and refresh rate; e.g. Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
    • One line for each display device connected
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • INSPIRON 3541 A06 + A06-AMD AGESA MullinsPI V.1.0.03
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD A6-6130
  • RAM
    • 8GB
7 Replies

0 Likes
tchungero
Adept I

I've edited, can you help me stop the cyle 1s freeze, please?

0 Likes

Are these the drivers you installed?

I would install again and this time clean install them.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a6-series-apu-for-laptops/a6-6310-radeo... 

When you installed the drivers, did you uncheck the User Experience' app? You should unsubscribe from it if you did. Do it from the control panel.It can cause issues similar to this.

0 Likes

Hi kingfish, yes i intall the driver at your link and i uncheck the User Experience' app, the problem not solve. I figure it out that when i uninstall the "AMD Radeon (tm) R4 graphics"   in "Display adapters" the cycle 1s lag disappear. And this it what i call the cycle 1 lag-in here cycle 1s lag . Please help me solve this, kingfish.

0 Likes
nylrak
Journeyman III

I've the exact same laptop model with the same problem. As you may have notice, this is a problem with the AMD driver causing conflict with the latest version of windows 10. This problem have been present since last years and unfortunately AMD haven't done anything to fix it, the only solution we have right now is using an old AMD driver, this is one of the few old versions available before it broke: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-17-2-1. Uninstall the previous one, install this one and it should work.

0 Likes

Thanks you so much for reply, nylrak. And my problems kind of solve, when i roll back AMD graphics driver to version 4/24/2017 and the lastest version of AMD sofware is 19. The micro lag only appear when the AMD graphics driver is version 8/16/2019 and whatever AMD software version is. I don't know that is the version 4/24/2017 AMD graphics driver is the best but it solve the micro lag problem. Finally, when i after install 4/24/2017 version it said no AMD graphics ... i can't remember, i don't know what do it mean. Thanks you,nylrak.

0 Likes

You can open the Device Manager by pressing Alt+X and select Device Manager. Alternatively, you can also search Device Manager in the search bar on the task bar. You should then right click on your PC name and click the option 'Search for Hardware Changes'. This should bring back your old driver which got uninstalled and then you can reinstall the new AMD Driver from the website. This should solve your problem but not the 1second lag. You may still experience 1 second lag. As I am also in search of how to solve this 1 second lag problem.

0 Likes