cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

RedOmen
Adept I

Multiple errors with Adrenalin 22.3.1, driver 30.0.15002.1004 on RX580

I updated my Adrenalin software this morning to version 22.3.1, and immediately started getting errors appearing in Windows. 

Firstly I'm getting a "clinfo.exe has stopped working" error - this happens when booting Windows, when opening Adrenalin, and other random times. Clicking on "Details" shows an error with intelocl64.dll - "Access violation reading location". This also happens when booting Windows (Windows 10 Pro).

My graphics driver had also updated to 30.0.15002.1004, so I rolled this back, however Adrenalin then wouldn't launch at all due to the older driver. Games ran very poorly, including Fortnite (very laggy), despite my PC usually playing it absolutely fine. So I've re-updated the graphics driver and the above errors have returned, so these might be more to do with the driver than Adrenalin (though they started originally with the update of Adrenalin). 

I'm also getting some other errors, though I haven't noted these down so will add them here when they re-occur. I'm going to try rebooting shortly. 

For info my system specs are:

- CPU: I7-4790
- Graphics: RX580 8GB
- RAM: 32GB

My first question is - how do I rollback my Adrenalin version to avoid these errors? All I can find when searching for this is how to rollback the driver, but then Adrenalin won't run. 

Secondly, is anyone else experiencing these errors, and do you have a workaround other than rolling back? 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Update: Another error on rebooting just now, which appeared on the login screen, was "clinfo.exe - Bad Image", "c:\windows\system32\common_clang64.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error". Error status is "0xc000012f".

7 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

As you are using an Intel cpu, try updating any intel drivers like chipset and go to intel website and run the driver updater...

I have an RX 580, but with a Ryzen and have zero problems..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

Thanks, I'll give that a go shortly and will report back.

0 Likes

I've just downloaded and run the Intel Driver and Support Assistant, it suggests there are no updates available. Still getting the errors though unfortunately. If I don't close the "clinfo.exe" error then I can continue playing Warzone etc. happily, but when I  close the error within seconds it comes back up again, and takes focus, which is particularly annoying. So I guess I'll leave it open until there is a fix (I have used the bug reporting tool to report it).

0 Likes

I see it is an AMD file..

Go here and download AMD clean-up utility..

I would then download the latest drivers, do a clean install...

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Not the solution, I've even done a clean windows install and still the same issue. I think amd drivers are pretty bad.

0 Likes
jim_liw
Adept I

I have exactly the same problem as you with the 22.4.2 Optional driver and RX480 8GB

0 Likes

Update: I fixed clinfo.exe errors by rolling back to 22.2.3 driver

0 Likes