Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Callius
Journeyman III

msi rx 5500 xt 8gb mech oc crashes in games

translate google:

The problem is as follows when starting any game after 20-30 min the screen freezes and only goes back to normal by restarting the PC after the PC restarts the drivers of the card manufacturer do not load and only the basic Microsoft drivers remain, as I try open the AMD software appears "The Version of AMD Radeon Software You Have Launched Is Not Compatible with Your Currently Installed AMD Graphics Driver" after a while windows update starts installing the drivers, it installs normally but when opening the game again the screen hangs again, I thought it could be a conflict between the windows update drivers and the manufacturer's as it says here:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300#faq-Issue-Description

Callius_1-1660215160804.png

so I used DDU to remove the drivers from the manufacturer and I leave only the ones from windows update, but the problem persists, I tried to remove the drivers from windows update and leave only the ones from the manufacturer, but windows update keeps forcing an update, I can't in any way any prevent windows update from installing drivers, I use windows 11 and my video card is an msi rx 5500 xt 8gb mech oc

0 Likes
1 Reply
vialli100
Forerunner

It is Windows updating your driver, to stop it go to the link and use WAY 2..

How to Enable/Disable Automatic Driver Updates in Windows 11 (minitool.com)

This is the way I stopped them on my PC..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes