cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Eight-N-Skate
Journeyman III

Mouse cursor disappears when hover over text or text box after latest amd drivers install (7900 xtx)

Hello,

I've recently upgraded my graphics card and installed the amd adrenalin software, with current drivers for the 7900xtx. Every time i move my mouse cursor over a text in either chrome or internet explorer the cursor disappears. I did a AMD clean uninstall of all amd drivers and the issue was fixed. But the second i installed the drivers again the issue came back. Changing the mouse cursor to black in windows seems to fix the issue, but that was the only "fix" i could find. Are there any solutions for this issue? I've seen lots of posts regarding issues with cursors and amd drivers on the forums. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
2 Replies
FunkZ
Forerunner

When the pointer changes to the text selector bar on the default Windows mouse scheme it is a white bar with no outline, so depending on what appearance mode you have set in Chrome (light or dark) it can seem to "disappear" if it's white on a white background.

You can change the pointer scheme to one of the Black or Inverted ones as you have discovered, OR you can customize just the Text Select appearance if you want to keep the pointer scheme white. I use beam_r.cur for the Text Select appearance with the regular Windows Default pointer scheme.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
gwilku
Adept I

AMD doesn't give a flying F about that problem, as this has been around for years now.

0 Likes