cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

muratugur
Journeyman III

Monitors not going into power save mode (Amd Radeon RX 550 Pulse) in Ubuntu

When I try this video card none of the monitors go into saving mode. Actually for 2-3 seconds the monitors go into saving mode but then come back on. With this command xset dpms force off after 2 seconds the monitors turn back on. I also tried the 5* and 6* drivers from AMD's own site and the result is the same.

Radeon 8550 does not have any problem.

Ubuntu 22.04
Kernel-6.5.0-14-generic

3 Replies
FunkZ
Forerunner

If you search the Internet, this is an extremely common problem. It likely has to do with a mismatch between the monitor, graphics card and drivers. I've experienced this with my 6700XT and 7900XT.

What I can suggest is to make sure that drivers are up to date and SAM is enabled. This may require some BIOS changes to support.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
muratugur
Journeyman III

You think is the extremely common problem. If you think like that, you can help me.

As I mentioned my first comment, tried with the latest and previous drivers. Not worked. When I turned off other monitors and primary one runs without any issues, Power saving mode is working. When I turned on other monitor, not worked.

0 Likes

As I stated, I see the same complaint from many other users. I've experienced it myself off and on with 2 different cards. Sometimes it seems to work correctly, then a driver update seems to break it again. I don't have a solution for you that works consistently.

I leave my PC on nearly 24/7 so if it bothers me I just turn the monitor off when not in use. I much prefer the issue of the monitor not going to sleep, rather than the monitor not coming out of sleep. That issue was solved by using either 22.11.2 or 23.11.1 so maybe you can try one of those versions.

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/monitor-fails-to-resume-from-sleep-s3-mode-with-23-2-2...

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes