Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

alejito480
Adept II

mGPU Technology question

Following the text on AMD Official blog:

To ensure system compatibility with AMD MGPU, please follow these guidelines:

• AMD MGPU requires AMD Software installed on systems running Windows® 10 or later and display(s) connected to the primary GPU.
  • Use discrete AMD Radeon™ Series Graphics from the same family. Note: AMD Radeon™ VII Graphics does not support AMD MGPU.
  • Ensure the power supply unit (PSU) and motherboard have support for multi-GPU. Check the manufacturer for specifications and compatibility.

So, that means, if i have a RX 6950XT and a 6500XT, wich are both RDNA2, same family. i would be able to enable MGPU technology from Adrenalin Software?

I'm sorry is this is a useless post, i'm just curious about this, since someone gifted me a RX 6500XT time ago and is sitting in my desk looking the nothing.

Many thanks in advance!

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D |MSI X570 Unify| PowerColor Red Devil RX6750 XT | 32GB RAM 3200 Mhz
0 Likes
1 Reply
Marold12197
Journeyman III

Came across this looking for my own answers... No Im pretty sure it doesn't work like that. you need 2 of the same gpu. I was able to use a 6600xt and 6600 non xt together in mGPU but i was not able to use the 6600xt with a 6700xt.... Now im searching for answers because recently mGPU doesn't come up for the 6600s ether.. worked great too. added like 6000 to my 3d mark score.

ALSO it still depends on the game.. in mGPU mode it works with 3dMARK, but it runs Fortnite and call of duty as if mGPU wasnt on

0 Likes