cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Burakw
Journeyman III

Massive fps lost after the driver update

i have been trying to solve this problem for 1 month. I used iobit driver booster to update everything and right after the gpu driver update fps in all games  dropped massively . CSGO fps dropped to 70-110 from 300-400 and other games with huge fps lost.

1 i tried to update it from amd software - did not work

2 removed it from device manager and installed from the amd site - did not work

3 reset PC 2 times from settings and recovery  - didnt help either

rx 6700 XT, ryzen 7 2700 ,Windows 10 ,16 gb ram   

5 Replies
xxrune
Adept III

I'm pretty sure Iobit Driver Booster is a virus, and their other stuff is also a virus. I would advise you to uninstall that and try out Malwarebytes' free virus removal tool. Hopefully it helps. I think the only thing you can do is send a bug report through the bug report tool in AMD's driver or through this link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form to let them know that it's not just a few people having black screen issues or other issues after recent driver updates.

BTW, I crash on all games with my PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 XTX Red Devil.

Am also randomly crashing without errors on red devil XTX can play dead space remake for 20 mins and it just crash same with star wars dayz and many more 

If it were me, I would let AMD know of the problem through this link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form and let Powercolor know too. Then, after telling them of the problem, tell them that you're getting your money back because of either a faulty product or a poorly supported card. That's what I'm doing. I'm so done with this.

btw, the power level of the AMD fanboys on this forum IS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Don't use 3rd party driver updaters for one

Uninstall those types of programs .. run an "Offline Scan" with with Windows Defender

Run Command Prompt as Admin and type

sfc /scannow

to check for and attempt to fix system errors/corrupt files

Update the BIOS on your motherboard to the latest

Grab the latest AM4 chipset drivers from AMD.com

Run DDU to remove all past/present GPU drivers of whatever video cards you have ran on this install of Windows .. reboot .. and THEN install the latest GPU drivers from AMD.com

Make sure you are running separate power cables from your power supply to each power input on your 6700XT

Go through your Radeon settings and turn off any frame limiting options

Stop using 3rd party driver updaters .. AND .. don't use them .. Plus .. don't install them ever again .. too .. as well .. also

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

Re-install all from scratch and never use 3rd party driver installer or downloder or something like that. Get it all from official.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G