Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

TheEmeraldGamer
Journeyman III

Lagging in OBS & Adrenalin w/ Ryzen 9 7950x & 7900 XTX

Hi,

I've been trying to screen record at 4k 60 fps and stream at 1080p 60 fps using Adrenalin and OBS. They are both having the same issue. No matter what I do, there is always a periodic lag, or drop in FPS, every 3 to 5 seconds in the recording. This drop in frame rate is not seen while playing the game. It is only seen in the recording or on the stream.

I've been trying to get this to work for a few weeks now. It feels as though I've tried everything at this point. Therefore, I suspect there may be an issue with the AMD driver.

Is anyone with a Ryzen 9 7950x and 7900 XTX experiencing something similar in OBS and Adrenalin, using the updated driver? If you have the same set up as I and you are not experiencing any issues, also please let me know.

Thanks,

The Emerald One

0 Likes
2 Replies
TheEmeraldGamer
Journeyman III

On the release notes of the latest driver, it says

"Video stuttering or performance drop may be observed during gameplay plus video playback with some extended display configurations on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs"

in the "Known Issues" section.

I am not using an extended display, but I am using a 65 inch LG C2 TV as a monitor, which has weird features like splitting the display.

So, I suppose it might be considered an extended display.

I guess I can go ahead and test this for you guys. I can borrow a regular computer monitor and see if the stuttering is fixed.

0 Likes
TheEmeraldGamer
Journeyman III

\

0 Likes