Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MadMess
Adept I

Invisible mouse pointer citrix workspace

Hello,

Recently I upgraded my system to Windows 11 with the latest AMD drivers (22.8.2). Everything works fine except my virtual desktop I need for work, my mouse pointer/cursor is invisible on white backgrounds. I tried multiple things to get it fixed but the only thing that works is reverting my AMD drivers back to WHQL 22.5.1. It seems that more people have this issue Citrix Workspace App: White mouse pointer when connecting from Win 11 to Win 10 - Receiver Compatibi...

I also tried different versions from Citrix (LTSR 1912, 22.7.0.24 and 22.9.0.28). This doesn't fix anything. 

AMD Drivers:

22.5.1 WHQL > No issues

22.7.1 > Invisible mouse

22.8.1 > Invisible mouse

22.8.2 > Invisible mouse

Back to 22.5.1 > No issues

22.9.2 > Invisible mouse

1 Solution

Thank you for your patience, this issue has now been resolved in the 23.3.1 driver. 

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.4.1 Release Notes | AMD

View solution in original post

50 Replies
MadMess
Adept I

Just tried version 22.10.1 and still the same problem. Back to 22.5.1 and no issues.

Another link on reddit with the same problem, OP reverted drivers and issue fixed.

(1) Mouse cursor disappearing in certain applications, but only on one screen : Citrix (reddit.com)

Hi, I am having exactly same issue here. For me I couldn't get my system to downgrade to 22.5.1 WHQL so I cannot use this new laptop for my work. I really need some support on this issue. 

Tuinie
Journeyman III

Hi, Same problem over here. We have several laptops within our company with the same issue. Only way is to downgrade to the driver version 30.0.13024.4001 (Advanced Micro Devices), dated 3-11-021.

Still waiting for an update to fix this permanently, it is getting really annoying.

Since my windows update, I can't get it to install  30.0.13024.4001 for whatever reason.

There are other AMD users having same problem.

AMD or Citrix really need to sort this out.

https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/417127-citrix-workspace-app-white-mouse-pointer-when-connecting...

MadMess
Adept I

AMD needs to fix this. MWII requires 22.9.1 version. The last WHQL was 6 months ago, it's really frustrating.

MadMess
Adept I

Just updated to 22.10.3 and the issue is still there. Another report send to AMD with the bug report tool for the 7th time now. Why doesn't AMD have some kind of ticket system for support?

Thanks for the posts. We are aware of this issue and are investigating. 

Thank you. This has been driving me insane even with a clean ddu reinstall. Running with all modern AMD. AMD 5900x + 6900 XT OC + x570

Thanks so much. Please work on this asap. I am seriously thinking to change my laptop if this issue doesn’t get solved..

When do expect the fix will take place? I think more and more people are having this issue. We already see here people are switching to Intel just for this reason. I don't want to push but if AMD doesn't provide a fix soon, people will turn. Not because they want to but they have to as they need to use the laptop to work.

Thanks for letting us know! I hope it can be fixed soon.

Just updated to 22.11.1 and still not fixed yet.. 

Is there an ETA so that I don't have to check everyday at least? 

This is very frustrating...

@Matt_AMDany update on this? You are investigating for 3 weeks now - this must impact many individuals since it affects Citrix Workspace

0 Likes

As soon as I have an update to share, I will update this thread.

In the meantime, can try to change the Citrix session to windowed mode to see if that helps.

This seems to be going nowhere. Can you please provide us a timeline and expected resolution date?

0 Likes

There is slight workaround where you can click and drag the menu slider to the other monitor. I've been using excel and chats on my right monitor for anything I want to handle important. Would like to see this on known issues. Impact under estimated. Screenshots don't capture the issue. The user would have to take photo with physical camera. Thus your user base has difficulty proving it to you causing difficult traversing level 1.

Spot on, it is a user-end display issue that for others who do not inherently have the issue, will proceed to view your computer as working correctly when it truly is not.

0 Likes

I have had this issue since the end of 2021 and I have to maintain November 2021 AMD display driver for it to work with citrix without the disappearing mouse issue.

0 Likes

Thank you for your patience, this issue has now been resolved in the 23.3.1 driver. 

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.4.1 Release Notes | AMD

Tuinie
Journeyman III

Since last week I'm not able to downgrade the driver to a working version anymore. This occured after the most recent Windows 11 updates. We had to buy new laptops with Intel to avoid problems for the users in our company. Right now we have 6 new laptops with AMD we cannot use. So this is getting really annoying!

Reeze88
Journeyman III

Migrated on Friday to Windows 11 and updated my AMD latest graphics driver. Since then I have the same issue and it makes working quite hard.

Beasty83
Journeyman III

Is their an ETA on when this will be fixed? This needs sorting as a priority as we are getting loads of complaints. I will be sending the last batch of laptops back to the supplier and choosing laptops which are intel based. Please can we get an indication on when this will be fixed so we can communicate this to our users.

0 Likes
ninetiger
Adept I

I have the same issue with thinkpad T16 gen 1 (21CH000JUS). AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 6850U + 680M. I figured out a walkaround: Open your Device Manager, then Display adapters=>Driver=>Update Drivers=>Browse my computer for drivers=>Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer, now choose "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". With this old driver, I can connect my workspace with normal cursor. After using my workspace, I will do the same steps again and enable the latest driver for the other tasks/games. The good part for this is that there is no reboot needed. I really hope AMD can do better than this "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"! 

Hi,

how do you deal with the problem when you have more then one display? I've tried the settings, but if I complete it like above. I can only use one of the three display I have.

Is there another solution? Downgrade to older drivers was not the correct solution.

Thanks!

0 Likes

The reg key method below from newby works for me.

0 Likes

Oh my gosh ninetiger you saved my rear!  This was happening to multiple users in Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop.  I bought some AMD processors in HP Probooks out of desperation because they were in stock...and the first time I compromised....it bit me in the rear!

0 Likes

Deleted post..it was a duplicate.

0 Likes
helg420
Journeyman III

thank you @MadMess and others for reporting. I've had the issue as described across Win10 and Win11 over 5700XT and the only driver which supports a visible mouse cursor in full screen citrix workspace is 22.5.1. Hoping for a fix soon.

0 Likes
jin999
Journeyman III

Having exactly the same issue as described by other users. The rollback worked for a period of time, but not recently. As a (poor) temporary workaround guys - you can try turning on the point trailer. It's not great and a bit laggy for me - but am using this till AMD can get a hotfix out.

0 Likes

Thank you! I can confirm this works with 31.0.1028.2. 8/30/2022 Driver.

0 Likes
newby
Adept I

This sounds similar to an issue with some web sites on ms edge.

create the following reg key and reboot.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Dwm]
"OverlayTestMode"=dword:00000005

This disables multi plane overlay.

May help, if not just delete the reg key.

I can confirm this regedit change does solve the problem with driver 22.11.1

Should be helpful for the AMD folks.

I also confirm this regedit change solve the problem.

Thanks so much.

Thanks, this seems to be working

22.5.1 drivers on 5500u lenovo laptop

0 Likes

CONFIRMED working with 22.Q4.

Thanks so much @newbyjourneyman III

0 Likes

Confirmed, works on 22.11.1

Thanks for sharing this!

Just to clarify, do you install this reg fix on the Citrix VDI session or the workstation?

0 Likes

I set the reg fix on my thinkpad t16s laptop.

0 Likes

Thank you! I can confirm this works with 31.0.1028.2. 8/30/2022 Driver.

0 Likes