cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sgjohnson1981
Journeyman III

Installation error

Received this error when trying to install the newest RadeonPro Software for Enterprise for a FirePro w2100. No idea what it means. I already have AMD Catalyst installed. Do I even need RadeonPro? Or do I need to uninstall Catalyst first?RadeonPro_error.png

0 Likes
2 Replies

I believe that error is due to your Graphics driver.

Here is the last Radeon Pro Driver for your W2100 Professional GPU card: https://www.amd.com/en/support/professional-graphics/firepro/firepro-wx100-series/firepro-w2100

I don't see any AMD Consumer GPU driver and Catalyst is a AMD Consumer driver. So I would uninstall the AMD Consumer driver using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and delete the AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD and then try to install the latest Radeon Pro Driver from above link.

Catalyst Drivers is a very old AMD GPU consumer driver.  I don't believe it supports OpenGL 2.0 and above.

Plus you might not be able to run a Consumer and Professional GPU card on the same motherboard. The AMD Drivers might end up being in conflict with each other. Unless the driver you install is compatible with both GPU cards.

AMD Moderator can probably help you next week: @fsadough 

0 Likes

Uninstalled the Catalyst stuff, deleted the folder, but still got the same message. Didn't work until I uninstalled the device in Device Manager. Installed correctly after that. Didn't need the DDU.