cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Symmetrik
Journeyman III

In-Game Overlay not working

I have recently started having issues with the In-Game overlay not showing up, which is causing the Re-Live not to work. It now only tried to record my desktop, and it records the wrong screen so that's not even an acceptable solution to recording in game.

Typically when I start a game it shows me the overlay, with the hotkeys for toggling Super Res, Chill, Anti-lag, and Boost, and it no longer does that either. Adrenalin can recognize that I'm playing a game, but it won't apply the overlay and allow me to record the game. This issue first showed up on Adrenalin version 22.7 I believe, and I updated to 22.8.2 hoping it would resolve it and it has not.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • GIGABYTE Radeon 6900 XT
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop System
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19044)
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 22.8.2
  • Display Devices
    • Acer Predator XB253Q Gaming Monitor - 1920x1080 @240Hz DP Connection
    • ASUS VG249 1920x1080 @144Hz DP Connection
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Corsair RM1000x 1000W 80+ Gold
  • RAM
    • Corsair Pro Vengeance 32GB (2x16) 3600MHz XMP
0 Likes
1 Solution

Personally for 6000 series cards, i recommend 21.10.2 drivers , i use it for my Radeon Pro W6600. No problems whatsoever. 

Anyways, both 22.7.1 and 22.8.1. and 22.8.2 has issues with Relive, i notice after installing them , relived wasn't working. It seem to worked when i went to msconfig, uncheck that noise nonsense feature and go to shut down, click log off, come back to the desktop and it should work. Or you can just restart your computer. 

Everything should be working normally. I don't use those drivers though, as i said. Only tested them. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

Personally for 6000 series cards, i recommend 21.10.2 drivers , i use it for my Radeon Pro W6600. No problems whatsoever. 

Anyways, both 22.7.1 and 22.8.1. and 22.8.2 has issues with Relive, i notice after installing them , relived wasn't working. It seem to worked when i went to msconfig, uncheck that noise nonsense feature and go to shut down, click log off, come back to the desktop and it should work. Or you can just restart your computer. 

Everything should be working normally. I don't use those drivers though, as i said. Only tested them. 

0 Likes

The earliest drivers I could get off the AMD website were 22.5.1, and installing those drivers & doing a factory reset when doing so did fix the issue. I didn't see any feature anywhere regarding Noise so I couldn't try that. Older drivers do work now though, dunno if that has more to do with the factory reset on install, or the drivers themselves, but either way thanks for the help.

0 Likes

I did the factory reset and still relive wasn't working. A quick restart of my computer resolved the issue. Did it help?

0 Likes

Noise suppression is a recent feature. I think it was introduced in 22.7 or 22.8 so if you're on 22.5.1 it definitely won't be there. 22.5.1 is the WHQL release so while lighter on features it's meant to be the most stable. If you are still interested in getting previous drivers you can do so from this page.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-6000-series/amd-radeon-6900-seri...

Anyways, I'm on 22.8.2 and have experienced a similar issue to yours. In-game overlay and sidebar stopped working. I was able to fix the issue by turning GPU scaling off and on again or vice versa. It's primarily a non-issue now since I have switched to OBS for recording. But you might still be interested in this solution. Personally, I couldn't bring myself to roll back the drivers considering the massive OpenGL uplifts in the 22.8 drivers.

0 Likes