cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

If your having problems with Windows installing their drivers over your manually installed drivers.

https://youtu.be/wuRBdfbrTFQ

Use the above link to a short and simple DIY video on YouTube. If you are experiencing windows installing their own drivers over the drivers you manually install for your system hardware. 

5 Replies

Nope its actually a lot simpler and much more easy to navigate. No registry edit required just a windows setting that exists in the old school control panel options like we had in XP.

0 Likes

Problem here is you are prevent all apps...including drivers...from updates. 

If a person follows this method...and forgets to go back and change it...his computer will become so out of date that apps that depend on the latest updates will not work. AMD is one of them.

Screenshot_7.png

That's the same as:

Screenshot_4.pngScreenshot_6.pngScreenshot_5.png

The method I posted only prevents driver installation. All programs that I know of have a "automatically check for updates" option and have no need for WU checking for any.

0 Likes

No windows update will still update windows.

You just update the software for your hardware components by going to the manufacturers site and updating from there.

This is how I've been doing it for over 20 years now. It is way more secure especially with the problems windows 10 and 11 are having. They have a horrible track record with updating anything other than their own product.

Plus nearly all aftermarket PC hardware has software packages that either auto update or let you know if newer software/slash drivers are available.

0 Likes
Stanmore
Adept III

Yet if AMD ands MS talked to each other, this wouldn't be an issue.

Same with TPM and SCEP.

0 Likes