Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

omribaso
Journeyman III

I have figured out AMD CPU Stutters - But Need Help

Hey, 

I bought AMD 7800X3D a few weeks ago and have been having issue with micro-stutters,

Sine I am security researcher as my job, I decided to research it a little bit and after a lot of stuff that I have tried I found the issue, 

BUT due to lack of time, I am unable to pin-point the issue exactly and fix it myself.

As it seems, there CPU has some kind of optimization saved in the BIOS memory / Kernel, these optimization cause the micro stutters, 

I have confirmed it by making the stutters gone after a CMOS clear, but that was not enough for me a required too much effort each time, 

So I decided the research the Chipset driver, and it seemed to be the right way - each time a driver is freshly installed, the issue is gone for a 2 days,

I have manned to extended this period of time to 4 days by breaking the AMD driver just enough to have it installed, but not actually running. 

My current solution is to uninstall and reinstall the chipset drivers every few days, but from the look of it and fact that it only happens after some time, It is some kind of optimization related to the CPU and someone with more knowledge from your end at AMD might know what is the feature that causes that.

I am using X670 Gaming AX X V2 by Gigabyte. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
FunkZ
Forerunner

Driver problems that consistently occur several days after a fresh install of the AMD software can often be traced to Windows Update replacing the driver with a Microsoft version. There are many articles available that give instruction on how to prevent Windows from replacing drivers during the automated update process.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT