Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Arcadia
Journeyman III

I can't stream on Twitch, after new drivers installation

Hello,

Yesterday, I have installed the new drivers, and today, when I try to stream, my system start lagging really bad and have some kind of very bad stutters. This is happening, after I press "Go live" button in Streamlabs OBS.  I even did not start the game, and when I check in the Task Manager the performence, my card (6750xt Phantom Gaming) utilization is between 95-100% and the temperature is between 42-50 degreеs. This never happened to me. My CPU (Ryzen 5 5600) utilization is between 30-40%, which is absolutely normal. My RAM and NVme is also normal. I tryied streaming with different softwares, but the issue is the same everywwhere. In every software, the frames are dropped and it says that have some issues with the encoder (AMD HW H.264).

5 Replies
Mics_g
Journeyman III

Firstly, Im having the same issue after EVERY SINGLE update, not just this one. It looks like a stutter every 3-4, pixalating the whole screen for a brief moment on repeat without fail.

On a different note, I cannot sip in the fact that the RX 7900 XT I paid €1.1k for a few months back is COMPLETELY USELESS when it comes to streaming using HW264. Picture quality is close to garbage compared to the competition and had I known this from the start I'd very eagerly spend my money on the plug and play option. Thank you AMD , never again I swear

5800x3d + 7900xt

Hey @Mics_g did you find a solution to this? My partner is a streamer who uses a 7900 XT and she's having the exact problem you described after installing the newest Adrenalin driver update. She didn't have the problem before the update and we were getting ready to just roll her back to the previous version, but I figured I'd check and see what others online have been experiencing. 

0 Likes

Hey @Hindesite , my solution was to swap over to X 264 and burden my 5800x3d with the huge load of encoding at Medium preset. Naturally this has tanked my in-game performance (100-120 fps down to 40-50) since I am playing and streaming DCS world. My only solution forward at this point is either to invest in team green and get done with it once and for all, or swap my 5800x3d for a 7950x3d & whatever comes with it, so I can do both at the same time using x264. 

5800x3d + 7900xt

We went ahead and, thanks to diligent driver archival by TechPowerUp, rolled her back to 23.12.1. She's got a 7950X so I guess it wouldn't have been too big of a deal to switch over to X264 encoding, she's got cores to spare, but this previous driver was working fine before so I decided to save myself the trouble of helping her reconfigure all the settings for the different encoder and just roll back instead.

A shame to lose access to Fluid Motion Frames, but... eh, what can you do, I guess. 🤷‍ I just wish AMD would get their stuff together when it comes to this sort of thing. We never had these problems when she was using Nvidia. 

Absolutely same here, over and over again, after every update and not only. I bought Asrock Phantom Gaming 6750xt for the reason to stream with a good quality but not. I stream with 864p resolution with this stupid GPU, and I regreg every single day since I bought it. Even with this resolution (864p), my stream quality is very pixeled and blurry and I payed a lot of money for this GPU. Believe me, I work in the IT field and I know, what I am doing. I did every possible settings in Streamlabs OBS and on my Windows 11, in order for perfect stream quality with this stupid card, but after 3 weeks, the result is absolutelly mess everywhere. NEVER AMD GPUs AGAIN.. NEVER!