cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Grahito
Journeyman III

I accidentally deleted AMD Radeon Setting Lite data but the shortcut cannot be deleted

Yesterday I accidentally deleted AMD Radeon Setting Lite, I can't open the apllication nor when I uinstalled the app, it wont disapear from my laptop start menu. I don't know what should i do to restore. Please anyone help me 

0 Likes
2 Replies

Sounds like when you deleted the AMD driver it wasn't uninstalled correctly.

Download DDU and run it in Safe mode if possible if not on the Windows Desktop. See if it removes the Start Menu entry.

If not you might want to try and use Wise Uninstaller which removes Start Menu entries from the Registry when it uninstalls a program or something similar. I use a paid version of Uninstaller.

You can try and re-install the same AMD Driver and then use DDU to uninstall and remove all traces of the AMD Driver and its related software.

0 Likes
olgabotezatu
Adept I

It sounds like the uninstallation of AMD Radeon Setting Lite didn't quite go as planned. Don't worry, there are ways to remove the leftover data and get your start menu cleaned up! Here's what you can do to achieve company enrichment (by ensuring your AMD graphics card functions optimally) and a cleaner system:

1. Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller): This is a popular tool for thoroughly removing graphics driver leftovers. Download DDU from their website (be cautious of third-party sites), then boot your computer into Safe Mode and run the uninstaller. Once complete, you can restart your PC normally.

2. Reinstall the AMD Radeon Software: After using DDU, head to AMD's website and download the latest drivers for your specific graphics card model. This will reinstall the software and create a fresh start menu entry.

Here are some additional tips:

• Make sure you have a stable internet connection before downloading new drivers.
  • During the driver installation process, you might be prompted to restart your computer. Be prepared to save any open work beforehand.

If the shortcut persists even after these steps, you might need to delve into your registry editor (proceed with caution!). It's recommended to search online for specific instructions on removing the shortcut from the registry based on your Windows version.

0 Likes