cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

how can i use gpu core on x3216 apu?

Hi, i have an  HP microserver gen 10, This mounts a APU x3216 with 4 graphics core and on this server I installed proxmox to use as a home server (VM and LXC), I did not encounter problems except the use of 4 graphics cores, I wanted to use these 4 graphics cores for emulation or mining or something else, but every time i run a test software program that uses opencl, it cannot find these cores, I also tried several times to test to mining monero with a program that uses precisely gpu amd, but in execution could not find any graphics core.

I have not found any errors in the logs but am I wrong to use amdgpu drivers? Do I need to use any others?

Do you have any tutorial on this?

Is there a simple test that allows me to understand if the graphic cores are actually seen and enabled?

Do you have any suggestions to help you take advantage of these graphics cores? maybe in software emulation?

thx

some server info:

• GPU: 4 graphic cores
  • CPU: AMD Opteron™ X3216 (1.6-3.0 GHz, 2 cores, 4 graphic cores, 1 MB, 12-15W)
  • Motherboard: ???
  • RAM: 8 GB (1x GB) UDIMM DDR4
  • PSU: ???
  • Operating System & Version: Proxmox 5.1 (debian 9)
  • GPU Drivers: amdgpu

lspci:

root@pve:~# lspci 00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Devic - Pastebin.com

lscpu:

root@pve:~# lscpu Architecture: x86_64 CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit - Pastebin.com

kernel:

root@pve:~# uname -a

Linux pve 4.13.13-6-pve #1 SMP PVE 4.13.13-42 (Fri, 9 Mar 2018 11:55:18 +0100) x86_64 GNU/Linux

kernel module:

root@pve:~# lsmod | grep amd amd64_edac_mod 28672 0 edac_mce_amd - Pastebin.com

0 Likes
0 Replies