cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Brooo84
Journeyman III

Hi, I have msi alpha 15 gaming laptop and it turns off while installing the AMD drivers, how do I fi

Hi I have an MSI Alpha 15 a3ddk that shuts down while installing the AMD drivers how do I fix it?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Brooo84
Journeyman III

Could it be the chipset driver?

0 Likes

Which AMD Drivers are you talking about? Graphics or Chip set?

When the driver installation finishes does it request a Restart or will restart automatically?

any errors when installing the Graphics or Chip set drivers in your laptop?

NOTE: Here is MSI Support download page for your laptop that has both Graphics and Chip set: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/Alpha-15-A3DDK/support#driver

I suggest you install MSI OEM Graphics or Chip set drivers first and see if you laptop works correctly after uninstalling AMD drivers first.

thanks a lot I solved it I don't know exactly with which of the things I did but I solved it. First I did uninstall video drivers with DDU in safe mode, then I went back to Windows, I tried to install the video drivers, it told me that it was successful and I had to restart, I restarted, put the password and it didn't find AMD Adrenaline software, then I tried again to install the video drivers and after a while my PC shut down. And since I had also installed the chipset drivers (November 2022 version if I understand correctly) after other things I thought this could fit into it. then I changed the way and did so uninstalled video driver with AMD clean up utility in safe mode then without exiting safe mode for safety I deleted the video card drivers again with DDU and restarted I put the password I installed the chipset drivers (again from November 2022 the most recent for laptops from the driver section of this site) done restart the system return installed video card driver restart return I try and the Amd Radeon Adrenaline software is there I try to start the witcher 3 Next gen update with everything almost maxed out at extreme+ or almost 1080p and for a laptop with only 4gb of vram it wasn't bad. of course with fsr 2 quality mode and other things lowered but it's not bad if you think that (the witcher 3 Next gen update) could be a heavy and difficult game even for PCs that run cyberpunk 2077 well. thanks for the reply.

0 Likes

Thanks for the update.

You should mark your last reply as "Solution" so that others will know what you did to fix your problem.

0 Likes