cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Luizmatheus
Journeyman III

HELP RX 550 and program edition videos crash

Amd rx 550 gives error in after effects editing program?

I did 2 tests, the first test uninstalled all amd video card drivers all from scratch

And when I opened the program, I noticed at the beginning of the video that I pressed the right mouse button and it didn't show the radeon symbol, because I uninstalled all the drivers
-> https://vimeo.com/554927087?embedded=true&source=video_title&owner=82708100
Without video card the program works normally.

Then I decide to install the latest amd driver, the most up-to-date, I installed it normally, restarted the pc and that's it
I went to open the after effects program and it starts giving error with screen flashing and program crashing.
-> https://vimeo.com/554927256?embedded=true&source=video_title&owner=82708100

and this message appears too ->  https://ibb.co/HrHsrm8

It's strange because it only happens with video editing programs, for example adobe premiere , after effects , sony vegas.
It never happened in games.

my config pc:
i5 2310 
8gb ram
amd rx 550 2gb ddr5
hoopson 500w power supply
HD 500
SSD 240
windows 10

0 Likes
4 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

I run an RX 550 2GB GPU in my wife's setup .. I had issues until I replaced her Thermaltake RGB 500w 80 White (garbage) power supply with a 600w 80+ Gold

She would have driver timeouts and just random video related stuff not working properly

Getting a quality PSU might fix your issue, but you should never a skimp on the power supply and you are putting your whole setup at risk with your current PSU. I always recommend getting an 80+ Gold certified PSU from a reputable brand. Read up on reviews before purchasing anything.

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

but why do you think it could be the psu? being that these problems never happen in games, only when I open video editing programs. example sony vegas, adobe premiere , after effects.
And my games are heavy , sQuad , battlefield 1 , counter strike global offensive
Is there any other way to fix this problem or setting, without changing the psu?

0 Likes

irregular voltage fluctuations .. or similar perhaps? I'm not a PSU expert, but I know a lot of issues have been resolved in my own setups over the years and others that I have worked on by changing on the PSU... and the one you are running would be considered very low end.

But ..that being said, you could try simply running the DDU program and remove all things AMD (and Nvidia if that was a past GPU on this install of Windows) .. reboot .. and THEN install latest drivers.

Hop on over to Intel's website and run their "driver update utility" to see if all your Intel parts are up to date driver wise

You can take a peek at your system's Event Viewer and checked for logged errors that might point to the root cause of your issue

IF you are overclocking anything try running at default speeds

Updating your motherboard's BIOS to latest might help

You could be simply RAM limited for your video editing programs which is causing the crash

Because you are running an older setup, make sure you have AHCI enabled on your SATA controllers in your BIOS settings .. that might help .. might not, but definitely good to do

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

But how can you explain this? I just uninstalled the video card drivers, and I can open the program and it works normally. ai after I install the video card drivers, it keeps giving that error we detected driver timeout on your amd system, every time I open my editing program...
do not understand

0 Likes