cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lgaek
Adept I

help my rx 5500 xt fans are not getting lower than 35% any help here !!!

hi friends. i am facing a strange problem. i bought two rx 5500xt , the first one was chinese version and the second one is dataland which i think is original. and i sell the first one because  i cant control the fans, and bought the second one when i thought there will be no problem of fan in it but i face the same problem beside both of them missreport the fan speed to any software i use like msi afterburner or asus gpu tweak which is the only software that can spin the fans at 20% but there is still noise blowing my head because the unit is next to me .

i tried all the versions since the old ones till the new; and edit the user settings which the adrenalin cant accept lower than 35% !!! and i tried the pro version with no luck  and even search of a way to flash my card to edit the minumum allowed speed of fand but they mention that  the xt is not included yet .

so i am adding my voice to the voice of all who say to amd company to let us control the fans . i am guessing we are adults and know what we are doing.its not logical that the old cards are free to control fans and the new ones their speed of fans are not even reported to windows !!!

thanks for hearing me, and sorry for taking so long, but i did not find where to find a solution to my problem necause i cant play any game with such noise.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lgaek
Adept I

thanks for not helping.

i found out a part of the solution for any one who might have the same problem.

for the problem of not reporting the fan speed to any third party like afterburner you have to enable fan control in adrenalin.

for the second problem of the high speed of fan whjch is around 1700 rpm. the asus gpu tweak 3 solve partially the problem to low it to 1350 rpm of corse after enable fan control in adrenalin . which is not noisy as 1700 .

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
lgaek
Adept I

thanks for not helping.

i found out a part of the solution for any one who might have the same problem.

for the problem of not reporting the fan speed to any third party like afterburner you have to enable fan control in adrenalin.

for the second problem of the high speed of fan whjch is around 1700 rpm. the asus gpu tweak 3 solve partially the problem to low it to 1350 rpm of corse after enable fan control in adrenalin . which is not noisy as 1700 .

0 Likes