Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

igazharcos
Adept I

HDR not working in dual monitor setup with latest driver

Hi!

I have two monitors, an LG 27GP850-B.AEU and ASUS VG245HE. My operating system is Windows 11, and my GPU is Radeon RX580.

With the latest driver, using extended view I can't activate HDR. My only options to use it are "PC only monitor" or Win11 automatically toggles back off HDR on the LG monitor when I attempt to turn it on. If I select only Pc monitor (LG) and enable it, everything fine, but as soon as I want to extend view to my secondary monitor that (ASUS) turning black, and get no signal from HDMI.

Now I found a suggestion to revert back to 21.8.1 driver so I can use HDR on my LG whiule I use Extended screen. It works flawlessly.

Now I wonder, why can't I use my monitors on the latest driver?

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
2 Replies
igazharcos
Adept I

Hi! Sorry for the late response, but I managed to fix the issue like this:

My HDR monitor (2k resolution) is connected via DisplayPort and running at 165 Hz, while my SDR monitor (FullHD) connected via HDMI and running on 75 Hz.

1, I checked on what refresh rate the monitors are running, and the first is SDR ran at 59,999 Hz instead of 75, changing this still not fixed it for me.

2, I tried to lower the refresh rate tho 60 Hz on my HDR monitor, and the HDR-SDR combo with HDR enabled started to working, BUT

3, for some reason the resolution went down on my HDr monitor, so I change it to something else, and back to my 2k resolution on my HDR monitor

4, Restarted the computer to check if it is working and since then it is working perfectly

Hope it helps you too. I have the same GPU.

omg, THANKS! THANKS! I've just registered in this web only for thanking you! it works!

0 Likes