cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

JuicyMango17
Journeyman III

Graphics Driver Update bricked my pc.

I attempted to run Unreal Engine 5 to begin development on a project my friend and I want to make, And it told me my driver was out of date. Per its instructions I went to the AMD site and downloaded the updated driver automatically. My pc now refuses to accept any monitor input. The pc runs but no monitors will connect. Needless to say I am not happy.

0 Likes
2 Replies
goodplay
MVP

Please supply PC specs as per info required, then someone may be able to offer suggestions.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 7000s 2tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro..
0 Likes
Chester1994
Challenger

Let´s sort it out together.

When you say that your PC refuses to accept any monitor, do you mean that you don´t even get a POST? I mean, can you at least access the system´s BIOS? Do you get any type of image or text on screen?

Drivers are downloaded inside Windows and are used when the OS is loaded, but, prior to that, you should be able to see a "Press esc to enter BIOS" or something.

If you can´t see anything, it can more than probably be fixed by doing a clear CMOS.

Unplug your computer, hold the power button for 10 seconds. Open your case, take the CMOS battery out and hold the power button for 10 seconds once again. Plug your energy cable and turn your PC on. Give it some time; certain motherboards take more than a few seconds to POST after a clear CMOS.

If you are not getting POST after what I told you, do it again but try to boot it once without any RAM stick installed on your mother. You will get no post and probably a few beeps. Unplug your computer again, re install the memory sticks, plug it and try to turn it on.