Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

C0ntr4b4nD
Adept I

GPU detected, but not used

Hi there,

I'm using a dedicated GPU(Sapphire PULSE RX6600XT). Today I boot up my build and realized the GPU is not outputting the images. Then I tried the onboard output with a DVI cable and it worked fine; at least it started displaying stuff. After checking the AMD software I found that the driver itself has detected RX6600XT, but it prioritizes the apu and refuse to use the gpu. I tried to boot the PC without plugging the DVI, just to found out that nothing was to be displayed, and when I plugged the DVI in, it worked. Re-install of AMD software did not solve this problem. How can I let the driver use the dedicated GPU?

Thanks in advance.

スクリーンショット (484).png

0 Likes
2 Solutions
vialli100
Forerunner

You will probably have to go into bios and set it to use the 6600..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

View solution in original post

Hi. After fiddling with some settings on the BIOS, finally, I managed to set GPU as the primal output source! Thanks for the insight!

I'd like to share how I changed settings: 

Advanced - AMD CBS - NBIO Common Options - GFX Configuration - Integrated Graphics Controller - Diabled.

Still, it is unclear why the BIOS suddenly stopped using the dedicated GPU. Anyway, your advice is much appreciated! Thanks a lot!

IMG-6495.jpg

IMG-6496.jpg

IMG-6497.jpg

IMG-6498.jpg

  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

You will probably have to go into bios and set it to use the 6600..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked the bios, but the default graphic output was set as EXT; I guess that means external GPU. The BIOS setting seems to be fine. I am at my job so I can’t provide a screenshot, so here’s the spec of my MB:

Asrock AB350M-HDV (the bios is the latest one)

0 Likes

Hi. After fiddling with some settings on the BIOS, finally, I managed to set GPU as the primal output source! Thanks for the insight!

I'd like to share how I changed settings: 

Advanced - AMD CBS - NBIO Common Options - GFX Configuration - Integrated Graphics Controller - Diabled.

Still, it is unclear why the BIOS suddenly stopped using the dedicated GPU. Anyway, your advice is much appreciated! Thanks a lot!

IMG-6495.jpg

IMG-6496.jpg

IMG-6497.jpg

IMG-6498.jpg

  

0 Likes