cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

howarthjw
Journeyman III

Gigabyte X570 UD v1.1 and DMA Kernel Protection

Has anyone managed to get DMA Kernel Protection working under Windows 11 for a Gigabyte X570 UD motherboard? I am on the F34 firmware recently and upgraded to the GC-TPM2.0_S hardware module. Despite having all the appropriate BIOS settings in place, I have never managed to get DMA Kernel Protection to show up in the Device Security section of Windows Security under the Privacy & Security section of Settings as the expected Memory Access Protection. Kernel DMA Protection also always shows up as off in MSINFO32.exe as well. Specifically, I am wondering if upgrading beyond the F34 BIOS might solve this problem or if the issue is related to the absence of Thunderbolt on this board. My assumption was that the DMA Kernel Protection option could still be used with memory transfers via PCI-e to the graphics cards, etc.

0 Likes
1 Reply
howarthjw
Journeyman III

To answer my own question, I found the solution on reddit. Apparently, the Auto default for the DMA Protection option in AMD CBS->NBIO Settings is broken. It has to be toggled to Enabled under the F37 bios for Windows 11 to recognize that DMA Protection is available. The DMAr option should be avoided as that prevents the USB keyboard from responding to keystrokes under BIOS or GRUB.

0 Likes