cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MuchThump
Journeyman III

Getting real tired of driver timeout errors with 7900XTX

I like to sim race and use overlays to give me info on the race. If any of you sim race, you know what I'm talking about.  When I had a 5700XT GPU, all was good, and though I did have to turn down some settings and have mediocre fps when I was running a multi-monitor setup, it pushed through. Then I save up and throw down on a spiffy new 7900XTX (the Merc310) and it's nothing but problems. I get that it's early days and you guys don't have the organization or the sophistication of team green, but I figured after so many months, maybe I could race without having more than every other race go to hell from the UI crashing due to driver timeout error.  I stopped using any overlays and still the crashes. I watched the youtube videos, followed directions to troubleshoot it, and still, they happen. At this point, I swap in my old 5700XT just to race and use the 7900XTX as a paperweight conversation piece on the coffee table. Kind of a little alter in hopes that one day, the chosen one (driver) will come down from on high and save this FUBAR situation.   I'm saving up for a 4090 at this point, because I'm definitely not going to stop sim racing and AMD seems to not really have a grip on this issue that I have seen pop up over and over on may a sim racers forum. The general consensus is that AMD doesn't care about sim racing, and even more, the iracing platform.  I know we're a small niche population, only a few dozen thousand people, and I chose poorly, because I let my last decade of team red's loyalty sway my decision making.  

If someone could help, that would be amazing, but no expectations, as quite a few have tried on their own machines and tried talking me through mine, to no avail. 

0 Replies