cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

H1PPY
Journeyman III

Games crashing

So this began with Baldur's Gate 3 I had no issues before this game had its hotfix 4 reissued that I can think of bar a few crashes with risk of rain 2, but I marked that down to potential issues with mods. So BG3 keeps crashing on me, it may be 5 minutes or an hour, but I get booted to the desktop and asked to submit a report. I attempted to trouble shoot but have run out of ideas and not getting much traction on other sites. I am not the best at this I built this PC myself and have just followed advice I have found online and through forums and Reddit posts, but I have not actual knowledge of what I am doing just taking advice in good faith. I thought it was just an issue with BG3, but I have just had a crash on 7 days to day with getting kicked to the desktop and no pop up error, so I checked event viewer and have found below:

Faulting application name: 7DaysToDie.exe, version: 2021.3.19.29007, time stamp: 0x63e53a4d
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2021.3.19.29007, time stamp: 0x63e53a5e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000bc1a43
Faulting process ID: 0x0x38D4
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9E4E76538DCB8
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\UnityPlayer.dll
Report ID: b84bf577-9eb9-418a-8419-72eabaf30c41
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I also noticed a lot of AMD_ANR_BG_PROC in the event viewer previously when troubleshooting for BG3 and now there are loads from today. When I first noticed this when trying to fix BG3 I uninstalled GPU and CPU drivers and reinstalled then after which I run DISM and SFC command after googling and finding a post on a windows forum

My PC:
AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
Gigabyte B650M DS3H Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL30 Memory
Radeon RX 7900 XT 20 GB Video Card
TEAMGROUP MP33 PRO 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Corsair RM750 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Asus VG248QG 24.0" 1920 x 1080 165 Hz Monitor

What I've tried to fix the issue with BG3, mind that list not in any particular order:

Have tried testing in both Vulcan and DX11 after all changes. Ensured All Drivers updated, Windows & .NET updated, Validated game files, Steam overlay & cloud save disabled, uninstalled GPU and CPU drivers and reinstalled then after which I run DISM and SFC command, uninstalled the game and reinstalled, Had only the game running no other applications, Game auto-detects graphics to ultra set it to medium before loading save. Checked CPU/GPU is not overheating while playing. Disabled AMDs SAM function.

As I have said before, I am a novice when it comes to this, so not sure if it is a hardware issue effecting games that are "CPU hogs". I have never overclocked any of my hardware. Everything is out of the box settings wise, if there is anything I can try, I'm more than willing to give it a go. If there is more information I can give, let me know what to look for and ill try giving it

0 Likes
2 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

Things that might help .. might not .. but good to do regardless

Update your motherboards BIOS to latest

Make sure you have the latest AM5 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com support site (not Gigabyte's support page)

Run the program called DDU and remove all past/present drivers of whatever GPU's you have ran on this install of Windows .. reboot .. and then install latest GPU drivers from AMD.com

Maybe think about getting an 850wtt or better 80+ Gold or better rated power supply

https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

I run the Corsair HX1200 for my AM5 setup and ASRock Phantom Gaming 7900XT OC

My daughter runs the Ryzen 5 7600, Deepcool AK620, ASRock B650E PG Riptide, 2x16GB Gskill Ripjaws S5 XMP 6000 CAS30 (Hynix), Gigabyte RX6800 Gaming OC, Corsair RM850x 80+ Gold, 3xM.2 NVMe drives, Win11 .. it's been a great setup for her .. 

Before the ASRock motherboard , she ran a Gigabyte B650m Aorus Elite AX, and it was a solid setup for her too.. I ran the Gigabyte motherboard before acquiring an ASRock B650E Steel Legend motherboard (7950x)

I did have issues with a Gskill Flare X5 EXPO 6000 CAS36 (Samsung) kit prior to getting the Hynix kits for myself and my daughter on both my ASRock and the Gigabyte motherboards .. I haven't tested with the new AGESA 1.0.0.7c BIOS's yet though

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

So I have updated the BIOS and the game seems to be more stable now. However, my PC will not reset. I can shut down and boot back up no problem but when I try and reset it starts to power down but gets stuck the monitor goes off my peripherals disconnect, but the PC fan continues to run and the power light stays on. Do I need to Clear CMOS and reflash?

0 Likes