cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Freezing and Stuttering Issue When FPS Is High

I am facing a very strange issue in Valorant and League of Legends. When the FPS goes above 200, the character starts teleporting on the screen, experiencing stutters resembling packet loss or high latency problems. However, the ping is normal, and I'm not encountering packet loss. Interestingly, when I limit the FPS in both games to 200, the problem disappears. If anyone knows how to resolve this, I would be grateful.

My PC configuration is as follows:

• Ryzen 5600 Processor: I tried overclocking it, but the problem persists.

• Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 Motherboard: Updated to the latest BIOS version.

• 32GB (2x16) RAM at 2666MHz: I tested with overclock to 3200MHz and adjusted the timings, but the problem persists.

• RX 6600 Graphics Card: Using the latest driver version; I tested older versions without success.

• 1TB M.2 SSD

Things I have tried to resolve the issue, but without success:

• Running games in windowed and borderless modes.

• Completely formatting the computer with Windows 10 and Windows 11, without installing drivers, leaving only Windows Update updates.

• Completely formatting the computer with Windows 10 and Windows 11, optimizing the system, and updating chipset and GPU drivers.

• Resetting the BIOS.

• Rolling back to an older BIOS version.

• Updating to the latest BIOS version.

• Disabling Windows fullscreen optimization.

• Disabling Windows Game Mode.

• Updating the chipset driver to the latest version.

• Updating the graphics card driver to the latest version.

• Disabling the High Precision Event Timer in the BIOS and in Windows.

• Testing older versions of the chipset and graphics card drivers.

• Overclocking the CPU to 4650 MHz.

• Overclocking RAM to 3200 MHz.

• Adjusting RAM timings.

• Changing the DisplayPort cable.

• Using an HDMI cable.

• Testing with another monitor.

• Testing with another RX 570 graphics card.

• Running the Memtest86, with no memory errors.

• Running the Cinebench R23 test without issues.

• Running the CPU-Z benchmark and achieving expected scores for a Ryzen 5600.

If anyone has any ideas on how to solve this issue, I would appreciate it in advance.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Flloyden
Journeyman III

Hi, I have the same problem and in some other games it feels like I am gaming on 60hz even tho the fps much higher. I have also tried the things you have mentioned but with no success. I cant have a stream or youtube video playing on another monitor or in the background then the fps get super low. Even with only one monitor plugged in. I have tried my ult gpu which is a gtx 1660ti and the problem still exists but I didnt have the same problems with my old pc with ryzen 5 2600 and gtx 1660ti. I have also tried my old RAM-sticks but still the same result. The only thing I can guess is that there is someting wrong with the CPU or the MB.

In league the only thing that works for me is to enable v-sync, and I know it is not the best for competetive gaming but I cannot stand the constant stutters I get. If I use the standard settings in league (v-sync disabled) the charachter is teleporting when walking and in ARAM when using the portal at the start the whole screen is stuttering for the duration using it.

It feels like the stutters are happening when alot of things are occuring at the same time on the screen but I dont know. I hope someone will know what to do because I think its super annoying

My pc specs are:
GPU: Radeon RX 6700 XT
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite V2
RAM: Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL 16 Beast RGB
PSU: Corsair RM750x