Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Gururek
Journeyman III

Freesync on 7900XTX on AW3821DW

Hi,

Has AMD officially acknowledged anywhere yet that the 7900XTX has major issues with freesync/adapative sync? I was following the other big threads but they all seemed to have died off and the issue still remains, with no mention even on their known issues list. I swapped a few months ago from a 3090 to the 7900XTX and ever since then I have not been able to enable freesync/adaptive sync on my AW3821DW nor have I been able to use HDR.

Enabling freesync causes driver time outs and crashes that are rectified as soon as you disable it and HDR just never seems to work properly. At the time of purchase and all the hot threads on the topic I felt like surely this was something that was going to be resolved but it seems now that people have just accepted (like I've basically ended up unwillingly) that these features being disabled is the new normal. From what I've read on the topic it doesn't even appear to be that hard of a problem to fix, the timing just need to be corrected for these monitors and we're not able to fix it ourselves.

So I'm just wondering, did I miss an official response anywhere and if not, can AMD please acknowledge this issue and mention that it's at least on a to do list to fix? I was so excited to be coming back to AMD for graphics after so long and it's just been so disheartening.

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Qoojo
Miniboss

No response that I know of. Not listed in known issues. AMD is not very responsive.

0 Likes
Gururek
Journeyman III

Any chance of an update on this AMD?

0 Likes