cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

SeismicForce
Adept III

Framerate Limiter

Explain the framerate limiter under global graphics. I have a FreeSync 165Hz display. So I should set it to like 162 or 163 right, and also set it the same value in-game if it allows right?

AMD RX 6950 XT 16GB Reference GPU
0 Likes
1 Solution
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Not every user will experience the same things, It would be great if it did but not everything is perfect. 

Like I stated above, I set to the exact same value of the refresh rate and some times fps do get above for short periods of time.

Not a big deal, its a bit of trial and error. 

Put 165, if in game gets you less, raise the limit or vice versa.

And I dont use this feature everytime on every game. Only when its really useful because of said reasons above. 

The Englishman

View solution in original post

6 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Is it the Radeon Chill you are referring to?

If you can output much more than 200fps and want to conserve power, get less heat and perhaps less coil whine.

You go go right ahead and put 165 on both sliders.

The Englishman
0 Likes
SeismicForce
Adept III

No I mean the frame rate limiter under global graphics advanced options. 

0 Likes

Well.. the answer is right there.

Unlike Radeon Chill it doesn't have a min fps that senses movement, but the objective is the same.

The Englishman
0 Likes

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/frtc

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Exactly what I meant. But in Adrenalin do you set it for your full display refresh rate or a few FPS below your display refresh rate? When I used to have an Nvidia GPU and a 144Hz G-Sync display, Windows 10 was set to 144Hz and in-game only I had it at 142Hz. Now I have Windows 11 Pro and a 165Hz FreeSync display with the AMD RX 6950 XT.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Not every user will experience the same things, It would be great if it did but not everything is perfect. 

Like I stated above, I set to the exact same value of the refresh rate and some times fps do get above for short periods of time.

Not a big deal, its a bit of trial and error. 

Put 165, if in game gets you less, raise the limit or vice versa.

And I dont use this feature everytime on every game. Only when its really useful because of said reasons above. 

The Englishman