cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

FPS N/A after 24.1.1 update

I have used DDU and AMD's driver cleanup to do two fresh installs of 24.1.1 and the results are the same. When using the overlay or opening AMD Adrenalin all of my games show N/A for FPS, Frame Time and 99th% FPS. However, Adrenalin is still tracking it because on the home tab it shows the average FPS for my games. I did install the preview drivers about five days before 24.1.1 came out to try fluid motion frames and everything was working great. I didn't start having this issue until I upgraded.

My system: ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, Ryzen 5 5600, ASRock Phantom Gaming RX 6800, 32GB Corsair 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Corsair RM 750e PSU.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

17 Replies
Paan
Adept II

hi...i just install the new driver 24.1.1. yup im also N/A after this update idk what is wrong with this new update. im gonna roll.back...AFMF doesnt matter for me btw.

I placed a bug report to AMD. Maybe you should too if you want? Might be others affected as well and they will roll out a fix soon. Fingers crossed.

What's odd is sometimes I can hit the Windows key or ALT+TAB and the overlay will start showing the FPS. I always run my games fullscreen unless it's not an option. I never run bordered or borderless. Just a little more info to add to the problem. Maybe that helps with someone finding a solution.

0 Likes
DJMalachite
Adept I

I too have the fps metrics show N/A on my RX6750XT no idea what they changed because i remember the oct 17 preview driver had no issues but then after that one there was issues with the metrics.

0 Likes
Paan
Adept II

Its a bit weird becos some of the utuber got the FPS number. Im using 6k series gpu. Does it effect this gen only?not 7k series?

0 Likes
Matty3126
Journeyman III

I have a very similar issue with my 6950 XT and 24.1.1.

The FPS overlay does work for me if I start a game with AFMF off. As soon as I enable AFMF the FPS overlay freezes and just hangs on the same value. If I disable the overlay and reenable it then it displays 'N/A' fps.

I'll submit a bug report. I suggest we all do the same. 

0 Likes

Thanks for the posts, we are looking into the issue. 

==> Users can check AFMF’s frame generation status using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™’s in-game overlay.

NOT WORKING

==>> AFMF adds frame generation technology to boost FPS outside the
game’s engine. Users can use AMD Software Performance Metrics Overlay to
see the resulting FPS.

NOT WORKING

Bug report sent out, no matter what i do, its not working. :((  7900 XTX here. 
Why driver is not called BETA, your team didnt test BASIC future, even the older beta was working way better....
AMD is like Boeing and M$....poor drivers as usual.

I have MSI gaming trio rx6900xt and have the same issue. The only way to fix this issue is GPU driver reinstall with factory reset but after shutdown any game using AFMF will once again stay at N/A. This issue persisted for me starting from preview drivers till now. Also, yesterday I updated to new version 24.3.1 and issue is still there. Sad.

0 Likes
Phishfood
Adept I

Yeah I got this bug too. I was previously using the beta drivers for AFMF which showed the fps correctly now it's showing N/A.

I'm on 7800X3D with 7900XTX.

Warmuro
Journeyman III

RX 6600XT user here,

It was working as it should, but all of a sudden same problems occured. If i don't turn on AFMF, i can see FPS counter but when i turn on AFMF, FPS overlay freezes. Also sometimes it says N/A. There's also huge stutter on games when i turn AFMF on, i don't know if this is normal. After a while stutters seem gone btw.

I've been doing some testing and it does seem that as soon as I turn on AFMF while in game the FPS goes to N/A. Also, the overlay FPS freezes at the number it was displaying until I turn off the overlay and turn it back on, then the overlay displays N/A. I cannot confirm this, but it does seem that AFMF isn't working as well. I hope this information is helpful. Thanks again for looking into this and all for all the help.

ezambranolp
Journeyman III

6950xt here and same issue. I saw some YouTube videos where it’s working fine the fps counter with AFMF, not my case though. I’ll be sending a report to AMD 

0 Likes

Same here

0 Likes
Balrogos
Adept I

My drivers are 24.2.1 and Still the same Overlay show N/A i had rx 6800 xt

0 Likes

I just built my pc, i9-14900k, 64GB ddr5 (forgot the speed) rx 7900 XTX. When I first built it FPS would display, I have never used fluid motion frames. Yesterday while I was setting up obs the fps counter stopped working. Xbox overlay can still see the fps and display it

Solyariy
Journeyman III

RX 6600 here, tried both 24.1.1 and 24.2.1 - same bug with overlay as described above.
Tried full reinstallation of drivers with cleaning previous ones with AMD Clean Util and DDU(seperate try).
Both times after fresh install of drivers everything work like a charm and there is no mentioned bug, however it came back just after rebooting my PC.
Bug report was sent.

BigChingus
Adept I

Updated to 24.4.1 yesterday. Issue is not fixed and AMD is yet to recognize an issue in it's release notes. Community needs to come together on this one and demand that a) AMD recognizes the issue b) starts actively working on it. We already know for some people disabling SAM helps. AMD is already using AFMF in it's marketing for APUs and new cards like 7600xt and used SAM actively to promote unified AMD gaming builds. We shouldn't be forced to disable one major performance feature to be able to propely use another one, which is being used to promote real products to real customers. If AMD stands behind this feature, when it has to work flawlessly, no excuses can be made.

MSI Gaming Trio RX6900XT, 24.4.1, MSI B650 PRO, 7600x, 32gb 6000mt cl30.

0 Likes