cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DocT
Adept II

Re: FORTNITE PERFORMANCE MODE FPS DROP

it is the same issue of blinking/flickering/black windows. When AMD gpus are in idle or very low usage, gpu cycle goes to zero and you have fps drops or other problems (look mhz with adrenalin overlay ALT+R during game). In this forum you can find some solutions by using third independent party applications but it is not a solution, just a risky workaround (set cycle 0 of 2d and 3d not to zero but to 500 mhz) as you have to override gpu bios/firmware.

I find first complainings about this issue in 2013 forums... in 2022 we are here talking to the same thing. AMD do nothing about it and this is a worst than the issue itself.

0 Likes
Adamkd
Adept II

@DocT 

"(set cycle 0 of 2d and 3d not to zero but to 500 mhz)"

can you provide a link please ?

0 Likes
DocT
Adept II

@Adamkd 

| igor ́sLAB | PC e componenti Recensioni & Notizie (igorslab.de)

click on MorePowerTool. The latest version is 1.3.10, read instructions accurately as it is not an easy process.

Before doing the entire procedure and flashing bios, I suggest you to just try to delete deep sleep state by creating registry entries with this method (always using MPT and its SPPT feature):

Re: 6800xt Clock speed problems (downclocking) - AMD Community

0 Likes
Adamkd
Adept II

@DocT 

thanks

but already did that with no improvment

0 Likes
DocT
Adept II

at this point you should edit your bios and change clock frequencies until you don't find the right ones for Fortnite. For me (rx6700xt) power0: 300 power1:800 solved the issue. But every system is different.

By the way, as it is a long procedure with a high risk to mess your GPU, I would suggest you to wait some new updates of Fortnite ( I am sure AMD won't solve that problem in next drivers). Performance mode is still in beta and they are developing it mainly with Nvidia.

0 Likes
Adamkd
Adept II

@DocT 

will i be able to play on Dx11/performance mode if I do it ?

0 Likes
OAidiO
Journeyman III

You'd have thought AMD would be going all out to fix this issue with Fortnite being one of the most popular games currently. Literally been trying to get a 6600xt for ages to complete my new system, finally get one and I was getting better performance from my GTX 980 from 7 years ago. Unbelievable. 

0 Likes
ttocchi
Adept II

i mean, cant blame amd for all the fault their, should have looked into the stats and performance of the card you got before getting it. making sure their were no issues with big seller games and what not. if you do no research to see how the card holds up is it really amd's fault? also, they've been looking into it, its been fully acknowledged as an issue by amd now. just give them some time to search and find the cause of the issue and fix it. otherwise switch back to the 980 for now if you want the better performance for now?

Adamkd
Adept II

@ttocchi

i did make research before buying, and the test on youtube never told about this issue

also it wasnt fully acknowledged by amd since they tell it affect performance mode while it in fact affects dx11, dx12, and performance mode(which works on dx12)

there are some work around on dx12 but the gpu is fare from being fully exploited

0 Likes
ttocchi
Adept II

firstly, it affects dx11, not dx12, performance mode runs through dx11. they acknowledged the issue stating they were looking into it. dx12 runs fine for the most part. you might occasionally crash or have a stutter but its still much more playable then dx11. 

0 Likes