Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ThibAMD
Adept III

Far cry 4 Textures corruption 7900 XTX

Hello.
I just bought a 7900 XTX, coming from Vega 64 .

Launching my favorite game, wanting to redo it with maximum quality ( i bought the card with this game in mind , even if it's " old " now ) i was surprised to see a texture corruption issue.. I reported the bug with the amd bug tool, hoping it will be fixed soon, but i prefer opening a post here too.

All the textures with metal property are corrupted like that with some black mud on it, when you use texture setting above medium. Medium is okay, anything above will corrupt textures.
I am using the 23.3.1 drivers and can add that with my Vega 64 using the same 23.3.1 drivers, i don't encounter this issue. So it's specific to the 7900 card.

Two pictures illustrating the issue with a rifle. Above with with high textures setting and corrupted textures, and below with medium and " normal " textures

texture high with bug.jpgtexture medium.jpg

Thanks you .

0 Likes
50 Replies
ThibAMD
Adept III

Bump. If someone finds a way to correct it until next drivers fix , tell it here.

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Edit : Here are two anothers pictures of the issue. First one is high textures setting with corrupted textures, seconde one is textures medium setting with normal behavior for the setting.
It almost looks like the hemi or sky lighting is incorrectly applied with textures above medium. You can see this behaviours with all reflective textures, with pitch black patches of mud that don't receive any lighting on it .

high corrupted textures.jpgmedium textures.jpg

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Daily bump

0 Likes
petergroft29
Journeyman III

The cause of a texture glitch in a new RX 7900 XTX graphics card can be due to several reasons. Some of the possible causes include:

Driver issues: The most common cause of texture glitches is outdated or corrupted graphics card drivers. It is essential to ensure that you have the latest graphics card drivers installed for your RX 7900 XTX graphics card.

Overclocking: Overclocking the graphics card can cause instability and result in texture glitches. It is recommended to avoid overclocking the graphics card or reducing the overclocking settings to fix the issue.

Overheating: Overheating of the graphics card can cause texture glitches due to thermal throttling. Ensure that your graphics card is adequately cooled, and the fans are functioning correctly.

Power supply issues: A faulty or inadequate power supply can cause texture glitches due to insufficient power to the graphics card. Check if your power supply unit is functioning correctly and providing enough power to the graphics card.

Greetings,
Peter

0 Likes

Obviously, i ensured the texture issue is not linked to any of this stuff before posting. Latest drivers, no Overclocking, no Overheating, brand new gold + power supply with enough wattage and so on..
It is an issue with their driver that still needs to be fixed.

ThibAMD
Adept III

Daily bump

0 Likes
Qoojo
Miniboss

Have your verified the game to make sure it is not a file corruption issue? Make sure you clear any shader cache for game and system. I think the second set of pictures, and focusing on the bullets, shows that it is a lighting/shading issue.

0 Likes

Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work. Yeah i reinstalled the game after a clean uninstall. And i just tried to delete shader cache with both AMD pannel and disk cleanup. But the issue is still there. I agree, it looks like a shading issue, maybe something linked to the hemi / sky lighting applying on metal assets.

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Daily bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Daily bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Daily Bump

0 Likes
Denmer
Adept II

Probably not the solution you're after but probably the only one you'll get for Dx9 titles... Look up DXVK and start using that. It was developed for Linux but works with Windows. Changes DirectX calls into Vulkan. https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk

I had issues when I got a fresh new 6800 XT and tried playing Everquest. After months and months of getting down to 1-3 FPS in a number of large populated areas(GPU wasn't working for the game at all 3% utilization while in game). Trying to talk to both AMD and EQ support and no solution. Looking up claims that AMD had dropped all driver side support for anything older than DX11... Then I found DXVK and all my problems were solved.

Not gonna claim it will definitely fix your issue, but it's worth a shot.

0 Likes

Thanks for the answer, but Far Cry 4 is a DX11 title. So i will have to wait a driver  fix in order to play it, and bump it as much as necessary until it's fixed. Same for the VSR refresh rate issue..

0 Likes

Yeah, that's my bad! Did a quick search earlier and it returned Dx9, but upon expanding that was for sound. =P

Though I would say DXVK also supports Dx11 if you wanted to try that.

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Daily Bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Daily bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Daily Bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Daily bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Daily bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Daily bump

0 Likes
ThibAMD
Adept III

Bump

0 Likes

Can you share some brighter and clearer screenshots of the issue please? I've downloaded the game to test but can't see your examples too well. 

0 Likes

Hello. Thanks for your answer . I posted an answer below, i missclicked and thought i was replying .
You will find several screenshots showing the issue.
Thanks

0 Likes

Thanks, I'm looking into it. I'll be back to update the discussion later. 

Please stop spamming the forum with the word bump.

0 Likes

No problem, i am waiting for your updates.
I'll stop spamming this topic until.
Thanks