cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Hell2
Journeyman III

Fan control is missing - RX6400

Pretty sure this was already address here but...

Just bought an AMD Radeon RX6400 Challenger and there's no fan control. The adrenalin doesn't have the option (the tunning tab there's pretty much nothing) and MSI After burner won't show it either. I try the latest driver (22.11.1) and even roll back to previous drivers up to driver 22.2.3 and still no fan control.

I live in a very hot place so it's VERY important for me to have custom fan control or else this board will fry in a year or so. If i knew this was an issue i wouldn't have bought this board =/

Is there any solution?

My specs:

CPU Intel I7

MotherB Asus B85M-E

0 Likes
6 Replies
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

I live in a very hot place so it's VERY important for me to have custom fan control or else this board will fry in a year or so. If i knew this was an issue i wouldn't have bought this board =/

This GPU should be running cool enough, from what i know. It is really not power hungry Can you at least monitor temperature and fan speed at least? Maybe default curve will be enough for you. It is unlikely that you live at place with more than 40 degrees constantly (you would've died from protein denaturation).
53W is a really low heat output. Likely lower than one from your CPU. And if it is still high for some reason, you can try to reduce power limit as well as undervolt card. It should help to keep temps even lower

If even MSI Afterburner can't see these fans to set curves, there is something going on. Static speed? No way of software correction? Too rare card to support?
You can also try Fan Control app, but i doubt it will be able to do something, especially as even Adrenalin doesn't allow you to do custom curve.

0 Likes

My country is hot and believe it or not my house makes it worse it's an oven in the summer can get to 42-45ºC and lasts for 2 to 3 months rest of the year is usually 35 or something. I had problems with overheating with my other graphic cards on default that's why is important to have fan control in this new one. The GPU works fine and so far i haven't put it to the test yet (today is ONLY 36ºC outside today lol)

On MSI OB the "Fan" tab is not even there, vanished.
The tunning tab in adrenalin just says : "The resized bar is using 256 mb of memmory. Check your plataform firmware and GPU driver to determine if resizable bar can be enable". Maybe i need to change BIOS config? update my bios?

I heard it's some kind of a bug from this model.

0 Likes
GDTGDT
Journeyman III

I'm having the same problem I can't find the FAN control. In bf4 the temp reached 85 °C
and on average it didn't come out of 78 °C I need help

0 Likes
Sinnedstone
Journeyman III

Same issue and my fan is not even working basically overheating as soon as I run anything

0 Likes

bro, did u found a way to control the fan?

0 Likes
massatt212
Journeyman III

On Linux "mesa driver RADV" i can control my GPU fan, why are you guys disabling the feature on Windows?

0 Likes