cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

FUNZAR
Adept I

Failure to start the "AMDRyzenMasterDriverV20"

AMD just keeps me amazed all the time. Sometimes an error "Failure to start the "AMDRyzenMasterDriverV20" service due to an error
A syntax error in the file name, folder name, or volume label." appears, my screen freezes and I can't do anything. So I hard reboot. According to this thread and also this one  have to change the path to the ImagePath in the registry. I did. The file AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys is at it's place. At C:Windows System32 to be exact. But here is when the fun part starts. For some reason I have AMDRyzenMasterDriverV20 and AMDRyzenMasterDriverV22. AND BOTH OF THEM GIVE ME THEIR ERROS. Also, for some reason the same AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys appears to be at the C:\Program Files\AMD\Performance Profile Client. And I have a couple of questions. 

1. Which AMDRyzenMasterDriverV2X I should keep? AMDRyzenMasterDriverV20 or AMDRyzenMasterDriverV22?
2. Which path should I use? Cause when I've changed the path (removed the ?? at the beginning) and I didn't have this crash for a month. Should I use separate paths for V20 and V22?
  FUNZAR_0-1704915450091.png

FUNZAR_1-1704915904562.png

FUNZAR_2-1704915976679.png

0 Likes
1 Reply
NLD_Brian
Journeyman III

I am experiencing the same issue.
Bought all brand new components, ryzen 7800X3D, an RTX7900 XTX

And now this keeps happening, screen freezes and it requires my pc to reboot.

Deleting the registery only kept the problem away for about a week, now it is back again.

0 Likes