cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

m445
Journeyman III

Every game freezes on launch

Every game freezes on launch and I need a solution.

I have a work around but it is not viable because I get 4 fps because of it. I turn off my iGPU driver or my GPU driver but doing that causes my game to run poorly and this used to not happen to me.

Steam also takes at least 20 seconds to open every time I try to open it. I'm assuming this is caused by the same error

AMD 6750 XT

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K

32gb of ram

0 Likes
6 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

what power supply make/model?

are you overclocking anything?

are you using any cable extenders INSIDE your case ..ie .. PCIe riser cables .. etc

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

RM1000E

Nothings overclocked

No cable extenders that I know of

0 Likes
CaligoVereor
Challenger

The Steam taking long to open part is a bit weird. Are you installing stuff on an SSD? Because stuff like Steam opening long, games having problems launching can very well be caused by a slow or dying storage drive.

0 Likes

I have over 600gb of free space, this kept happening after a factory reset, I've had the steam taking long to open issue way longer than games freezing on launch.

My OBS freezes and crashes after around 30 seconds of launching, when I close it I have to completely reset my PC to open it again.

this happens to all steam games too that I have tried this on.

Steam taking long to open still happens when I disable my iGPU driver, and the games work VERY poorly.

When I disable my GPU driver, both issues go away and is poor aswell. I've tried past drivers like 22.8.1 and recent drivers and the problem stays the same.

0 Likes

check for firmware updates for your SSD(s) .. might help, might not, but good to do

how are your drive(s) health?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

how can I see the drives health? 

everything is up to date besides my amd drivers since im testing older ones to see if they fix it

0 Likes