Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Gschupfter
Journeyman III

Error 182 and more

Hi,

I Bought a Radeon VII 16GB from a friend and tried installing it on my windows. (specs below). I first plugged it into my motherboard- no signal. So I installed both my good old GTX 770 and the new radeon VII. I tried a lot but I can't get the radeon to work. Here is what i tried so far:

-Installing AMD Adrenalin (22.4.2 and 18.3.4) both lead to an Error 182.
-Uninstalling the Drivers via device manger multiple times. And rolling back drivers.
-Uninstalling NVidia apps and drivers.
-Running the AMD cleanuputility.
-Look for any BIOS settings regarding GPU

Sometimes when I reboot I get an error 43 in the device manager. And sometimes the Radeon is only named "Microsoft basic Display adapter" Depending on what I try I was not able to get a signal out of this card. I posted a screenshot via GPU Z and the driver page. Thank you in advance

My Rig:
Windows 10 64bit
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12Core 4,20GHz
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: PRIME X570-Pro
Old GPU: GTX 770
New GPU: AMD Radeon VII 16GB

gpu.gifScreenshot 2022-05-08 13.50.38.png

0 Likes
5 Replies

Microsoft Basic Display Driver is the generic Native Windows driver that is installed when there are no Graphics drivers installed.

That driver main function is for you to have video output until you install the 3rd party Graphics driver for your GPU card.

First thing I would do is uninstall all Nvidia Graphics driver from your PC using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller - Wagnardsoft DDU Download  ) with the internet disconnected.

Then I would also remove all of the current AMD Driver using DDU again with the internet disconnected and deleting both Nvidia and AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD and C:\Nvidia.

With the internet still disconnected install the current AMD full package from AMD Download from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-2nd-generation-vega/amd-radeon-2nd-generation-veg...

Make sure Windows  is fully updated  via Windows Update.

If the AMD Driver installed successfully, Run GPU-Z and make sure you have at least 4 or more boxes at the bottom check marked.

Also click on GPU-Z upper right corner "LOOKUP" to make sure you have a authentic Radeon VII GPU Card and not a fake.

Then check the data from TechPowerUp after clicking on Lookup with GPU-Z data and compare to make sure they are similar.

Thanks for the tip. I will try this with the internet disconnected

0 Likes

Thank you guys for the tips. I tried reinstalling the drivers with the software offline a couple of times. If still says that the driver software is incomparable with the currently installed driver 

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

What PSU do you have?

GTX 770 needs 600w min..

Vega needs 700w min..

Edit: If your plugging both in together, how many pcie cables do you have?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

I have PSU 700

had both plugged in at the same time with 2 cables (1each). And both single. My GTX is working. As for the vega. I can’t even get a signal out of it. Fans spinning and LEDs are on. Power should not be a problem I think

0 Likes