cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Kuilios
Adept I

Encoding Bug on OBS

I thought I would just put this out there, I dont know if this is for any other graphics cards (I use an RX 6650XT) but when I upgraded to the 24.1.1 driver it caused an encoding overlaod whenever I would start a stream, I downgraded to 23.12.1 and my encoder is working fine. So if your getting the same problem I reccomend you downgrade.

1 Solution
Kuilios
Adept I

Ok I fixed the problem. For everyone here I imagine you might have "PAHighMotionQualityBoostMode=1" in your "AMF/FFMpeg Options" on obs. and that one setting causes the bitrate to destroy itself pretty much. If you get rid of that command then it should fix the bitrate problem.

My settings in "AMF/FFMpeg Options" were as follows:
HighMotionQualityBoostEnable=false EnableVBAQ=false RateControlPreanalysisEnable=0 BReferenceEnable=true AdaptiveMiniGOP=false RateControlSkipFrameEnable=false EnablePreAnalysis=true PASceneChangeDetectionEnable=false PAHighMotionQualityBoostMode=1 PATemporalAQMode=1 PAFrameSadEnable=true

Now they are:
HighMotionQualityBoostEnable=false EnableVBAQ=false RateControlPreanalysisEnable=0 BReferenceEnable=true AdaptiveMiniGOP=false RateControlSkipFrameEnable=false EnablePreAnalysis=true PASceneChangeDetectionEnable=false PATemporalAQMode=1 PAFrameSadEnable=true

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I have the exact same issue, AVC encoding causes issues but x264 is ok. Didn't have this issue with Adrenaline 23.12.1

Hindesite
Adept I

Can you describe the encoding overload? What exactly was happening. 

My partner uses a 7900 XT and we recently had to roll her back from 24.1.1 to 23.12.1 as well, and I'm curious if you're describing the same thing she was experiencing. Was it basically the screen's bitrate would crunch every 3-4 seconds screen-wide and pixelate everything for a half second? Almost like a blocky strobe effect that'd hit again every few seconds?

Sure can! So for me, my FPS tanked from 100+ fps to 20-30fps in Alan Wake 2 after starting a stream, and my entire PC would grind to a halt. The stream it self would also struggle, and it would take 20-30 seconds for it to start / stop (and then struggle to output anything to Twitch). I don't have this issue with 23.12.1.

For reference I'm running a 5600x and RX 6800 on Windows 11 23H2

the bitrate was permenately stuck at 2000kbps on obs and wouldn't go up to 6000kbps which is required for 1920x1080 streaming at 60fps , even tho in obs it was set at 6000kbps. This would create an encoder overload as 2000kbps cannot process that much information.

Can you tell me about how you know it was stuck at 2000 bitrate specifically? Like, where did you look to verify this? I'd like to check on my partner's rig as she's still having the issue after trying version 24.3.1. Thanks ahead of time.

0 Likes

I looked at the bottom right of OBS where it shows "4 bars" with them going up in incriments like a data connection signal. then to the right of this there is a number which is the bitrate. This bitrate is measured in "Kbps" in OBS and is to the right of this number. Which gets stuck at 2000Kbps on anything newer than 23.12.1.

0 Likes
gefrost7
Journeyman III

can confirm the same issues still occurred in Adrenaline 24.3.1

We have experienced the issue with 24.3.1 as well. 

0 Likes
Kuilios
Adept I

Ok I fixed the problem. For everyone here I imagine you might have "PAHighMotionQualityBoostMode=1" in your "AMF/FFMpeg Options" on obs. and that one setting causes the bitrate to destroy itself pretty much. If you get rid of that command then it should fix the bitrate problem.

My settings in "AMF/FFMpeg Options" were as follows:
HighMotionQualityBoostEnable=false EnableVBAQ=false RateControlPreanalysisEnable=0 BReferenceEnable=true AdaptiveMiniGOP=false RateControlSkipFrameEnable=false EnablePreAnalysis=true PASceneChangeDetectionEnable=false PAHighMotionQualityBoostMode=1 PATemporalAQMode=1 PAFrameSadEnable=true

Now they are:
HighMotionQualityBoostEnable=false EnableVBAQ=false RateControlPreanalysisEnable=0 BReferenceEnable=true AdaptiveMiniGOP=false RateControlSkipFrameEnable=false EnablePreAnalysis=true PASceneChangeDetectionEnable=false PATemporalAQMode=1 PAFrameSadEnable=true