Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

JayK79
Adept I

DX12 Shader Cache

Hi,

since the Driver Version 22.3.1, there is a new Cache Folder under C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\AMD\ that is called DxcCache. This is for DX12 Games. Now you have Dxcache for DX11 and DxcCache for DX12. So far so good.

The DX12 Games that i play compile Shaders in this Folder and after some Weeks the Folder is near 4,5Gb and all the Games are most Stutter free. Yesterday i played some Godfall and the Stuttering was so horrible that i think that something is wrong. I looked in this Cache Folder again and there was the Issue. 3 of 4,5gb (Godfall Files included) Cache Files were deleted. Is this a Bug or is this Folder limited to 4gb+ and than clears the Files automaticlly?

I don´t reinstalled the Driver, no Windows Updates or Game Updates. So the Cache Files shouldn´t be touched.

Please AMD, make it like NVidia with the Shader Cache. A function to increase the Cache Limit would be great.

0 Likes
2 Replies

How old are some of those files, mine at 1.45gb (all April dates).

When was the last time you did a clean install/factory reset of driver.

Good practice every time you see a change/mod to AMD software is clean install for newer.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

The latest Files are from first April this Year. I do an factory Reset at every new Driver Installation. The Thing is, the DX11 Cache is cleared with every Install, the DX12 Folder not. Last Driver Install was the 22.4.1.

0 Likes