cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ryomario90
Adept I

DVI-D to VGA active converter not working.

The GPU in question is a RX 560D with 1x DVI-D 1x HDMI and 1xDP port(s). I have a 1080p 60Hz TV connected to it through HDMI and I'd like to connect a 1080p 60Hz VGA monitor to it with said DVI-D to VGA active converter as well. The problem is that the VGA monitor stops receiving signal after posting. The monitor works perfectly fine when I boot in safe mode and it also works in normal mode if I uninstall the radeon software and use the basic microsoft GPU driver. My question is, is there a fix for this? I'd like to use radeon driver with radeon software, but then my VGA monitor stops getting signal.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Can you post the Make & Model of your DVI-D to VGA adapter?

Does the Adapter's DVI-D to VGA output meets the requirement of your TV set? Is it able to output 1080p@60hz?

What does Windows Setting show when you have your TV set connected to the converter?  even with the MS Basic Display adapter running instead of the AMD driver?

Upload a screenshot of GPU-Z with the AMD Driver installed and with the monitor that has video outputs.

0 Likes
ryomario90
Adept I

This is the exact same converter I got only from a different manufacturer: https://imgs.search.brave.com/jLuKzJTTjmp3JZ_j5PrzNvoRt7px27HCJ4tJUQ99M4k/rs:fit:860:0:0/g:ce/aHR0cH...

Both my HDMI TV and VGA monitor are 1080p 60Hz, the converter also supports a maximum of 1080p 60Hz.

Windows only shows my HDMI TV despite both my HDMI TV and VGA monitor working with basic microsoft driver, I can't switch between them, they both show the same image. GPU-Z is going to be problematic because it's my parents PC we're talking about so when I say "my" I mean their PC/HDMI TV/VGA monitor. So I can't just hop over to their PC. But the GPU in question is a Asus Radeon RX 560 ROG Strix EVO 4G.

0 Likes

In Windows Setting - Display you can make one of your monitors the Main Display and then choose "Duplicate Desktop with Monitors ? & ?.

Is it possible to connect a DVI-D Monitor directly to make sure the GPU card's DVI-D Port is working?

Or use a DVI-D - HDMI converter active to see if your HDMI set works?

Trying to eliminate your Converter adapter as the reason why it doesn't work with the AMD Driver installed.

What type of errors are you getting with the DVI-D - VGA converter in use?

According to Asus Specs on your Parent's RX 560, the maximum monitors that it supports is two.

0 Likes
ryomario90
Adept I

Windows only sees the HDMI TV, no matter what driver I use. If I click on detect other display it says that it didn't find another display, even though both of them are connected and displaying the same image with basic driver. The HDMI and DVI-D ports have to work because otherwise I wouldn't be getting an image with either of the displays, and like I said, with basic microsoft driver they both work at the same time, displaying the same image, so no problem there. The problem is when I install the radeon driver then the VGA monitor goes black with the no signal message, then it goes into sleep mode and stays there no matter what I do. I tried decreasing the resolution and Hz, tried enabling GPU scaling in radeon software, nothing and nothing. The only solution so far is to use the basic microsoft driver.